Memorial Day Weekend

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

We're back from the beach and I think it's safe to say we all had a great time!

The weather was perfect, the condo was great, and we had enough food to feed a small army.  The only thing I could have lived without were all the mosquitos.  It was horrible!!  We had to douse ourselves in bug spray constantly and we all still have bites every where!

BUT, aside from the pesky mosquitos, it was a great, relaxing, and fun time!


There was Bocce ball on the beach.


Papaw went back to the condo one day and baked cookies, so there were funny faces with sugar cookies, too.


And of course, there were Mamaw and Papaw who were nice enough to invite all of us to join them at the beach.  Thanks Mom and Dad!


And you can never get away from funny faces with my little man.  He wasn't mad, this is just what he does when I try to take his picture.  Good times...


As we headed back home on Monday, we stopped at a seafood place by the bay called Snoopy's.  Then we went next door for ice cream... at Scoopy's!  ha ha.


And after all that fun, this is what happens when you hit the highway:


(Yes, that's a Christmas blanket.  It's his favorite.)

I hope you all had as much fun as we did on the long weekend.  How did you all spend the holiday?


11 comments:

Isabelle said...

I'm so glad you guys had fun! I thought of you so much this weekend checking the weather everyday like a crazy woman lol

Glad you guys are back tho cause I missed you :)

Sweet Simplicity said...

My sister loves Snoopy's. My family vacations at Port Aransas all the time.

Mighty M said...

What a fun weekend (except for those darn mosquitos!).

California Wife said...

I love all of the pictures, it looks like you had a great long weekend!!

Jennifer said...

Yay for a fantastic vacation!!! You look so cute! :)

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

Glad you guys had fun!

Tara Gibson said...

love all the pics! looks like a blast!

- The Virgin Author! said...

Loved the pics. Looks like you had some great fun!

Virginia Belle said...

It looks like you had a great weekend at the beach! I LOVE bocce ball on the beach, so much fun!

The Shabby Princess said...

Glad you had a great time at the beach!! I miss the beach! I need me some sand!

Melissa said...

SOunds like a perfect long weekend!

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict