Friends are friends forever.

Monday, June 28, 2010

Ha ha.  Have you all thrown up a little in your mouth?

Sorry, but I had to go there because one of really good friends has been in town.  We've known each other since the 4th grade, graduated high school together, kept in touch through college, and stood in each others weddings - wait, she didn't stand in mine (she was supposed to, but had her state teaching exam that day), but I stood in hers (4 months pregnant).  We've always kept in touch and we're the kind of friends that never skip a beat.

I haven't seen her in about 3 years, but when I found out she was coming to town, we immediately made plans to get together.  Last Monday she came to the house and we hung out and got caught up for several hours.  Friday was her birthday, so we hit the town (ok, we went shopping and then ate Mexican food) and had such a great time!


(I wasn't going to include this picture because I look ridiculous, but once I took a longer look at it, and showed it to Kristy, I knew I had to add it. Do you see someone sneaking into our picture through the glass door?  That's Kristy son.  Too cute!)

After we did some shopping, we met up with another of our life-long friends, Cathy (who we all just reconnected with, thanks to FB), for dinner.


We. had. so. much. fun.

We were disappointed that Tina (Cathy's twin sister) couldn't make it, but we still had fun.  We sat in the restaurant for three and a half hours and just talked.  It was so great!

I absolutely love these girls (and Tina too!) and I'm so thankful that we have the kind of friendship where it's never awkward.  We just pick up where we left off - however long it's been.


3 comments:

Tara Gibson said...

glad you had a great time!

Virginia Belle said...

It's so nice that you have a lifelong friendship like that. It's so hard to stay in touch over the years. Sounds like you all had a great night!

Kristy said...

Yay! I made it on your blog!! :) So much fun... until the next time...

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict