Another year down

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Today is officially the last day of school.  I'll never understand why they don't just end school before Memorial Day (Something about Texas law.  Dumb, if you ask me.), especially since all this week they've had Game Day, Dress Up Day, and Candy Day.

Let be honest here - we all know there is no learning happening these last three days after a holiday weekend, right?

Anywho... here they are on the first day of Kinder and 4th grade, respectively.


And here they are this morning, about to be in 1st grade and 5th grade!!  Truthfully, they don't look all that different to me.  Maybe just a little more 'tude.


I'm just happy that I don't have to wake them up at 6am tomorrow.  Yay for summer!


9 comments:

Kelly said...

Lucky!! We don't officially get out until the 10th!
Let the summer begin!

Mighty M said...

Wonder if they will wake up early anyways?? :)

California Wife said...

Yay for summer vacation! I've never understood while schools would come back for those few days, as a teacher I swear, nothing is ever accomplished. We go 'til next Friday!!!! YUCK!

Sweet Simplicity said...

I think those pictures describe the first day and last day of school perfectly! haha! Yay for summer vacation.

Rachael said...

Wow, school isn't out in Seattle until June 22!

meredith said...

ahh, they're so cute!!!

yay for summer is right!!

Wombat Central said...

I think New York State might win the award. We get out the 26th!

Virginia Belle said...

The pictures are great! Their expressions in them definitely fit the occasions. Yay for Summer vacation and sleeping in!

John Deere Mom said...

Yay for summer indeed! I didn't think to take a picture of Cole on his last day yesterday...but luckily his teacher did! :) Hope you have a great weekend!

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict