Weekend recap

Monday, May 24, 2010

This weekend was fairly uneventful.

Friday night the kids stayed at my parents, so Joey and I had exciting plans of ordering pizza and curling up in bed to watch a movie.  We got a call from some friends who invited us over for a cook out, so we jumped on it!  We had so much fun just sitting outside, chatting, and eating.

Saturday I spent all morning in bed (since Joey was at work and the kids were at my parents).  It was fabulous.  Then I had to be at church at 2pm for rehearsal and service.  After church, I picked up that pizza that we missed on Friday and headed home.  Joey and I were so tired that we ate our dinner and crashed.

Seriously.  At like 7pm. 

We asked the kids if they could put themselves to bed and they were cool with that, so we were OUT!  Actually, Joey ended up carrying Taylor to bed at about 10pm.  He always has grand ideas of staying up late, but always crashes early.  Ashton, on the other hand... who knows what time she finally went to bed!

Sunday was more of Saturday - I was at church nearly all day.  Well, at least it seemed that way (but I'm not complaining).  Then I grabbed the kiddos and headed home to tackle the laundry.

Please don't be jealous of all the fun I had this weekend.


7 comments:

Kristin said...

QT time sans kids. That's what I'm talkin' about! We had some this weekend too. It was just what we needed. Although, I may have spent the entire day at Epcot saying that I wished we had brought I little dude with us. HA!

Brown Girl said...

Sounds like a good weekend, pizza always makes everything better anyhow!

Michelle said...

Hey there, SITS visiting & blog following. Sounds like you had a lovely, relaxing weekend. I Live for those! Peace. :)

Virginia Belle said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend! I love a good cook out on a Summer night with friends. Hope your week is going well so far!

MamaMia said...

Just saw Joey and Ashton at Barnes & Noble today. I hope Joey wasn't insulted when I called him "Stephanie's Husband" and went on to explain that I read your blog. ;) I didn't see your son anywhere, but sweet to see daddy and daughter hanging out...you have a beautiful family.

Blessings!

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

Sounds like a great weekend!

CushyBaby said...

I love weekends like this! They come few and far between. :)

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict