weekend recap

Monday, May 3, 2010

This was another tremendously full weekend - getting ready for Joey to start work this Saturday!  (On a side note, I can not even believe that we are here already!  So crazy!!)

Friday night, we managed to squeeze in a date - which was a very good thing, since I was completely stressed out over a random bill we received from the orthodontist saying we owed nearly $600 before Ashton gets her braces off in 3 weeks.  Umm... I paid the final balance last month.  What's up with this??

Anyway, we hit up Cosi for dinner and had a yummy sandwich and tomato soup.  It was the best ever.  If you have a Cosi near you, you must eat there.

Then we headed to see this:

Ok, you should know that neither of us enjoy horror flicks, but since we both grew up with this (these) movies, we had to see it.  Apparently, so did the infant who was sitting in front of us, just down a ways.  I must say, though, she did not care for this movie one bit and let everyone know exactly how she felt.  Unfortunately her mother was not paying too much attention. (I know, shocking, right?)

Saturday was spent the usual way, for the most part - volleyball games and soccer games.  Ashton volleyball game was at 8am again and unfortunately her team was still asleep.  Oh, they were physically there, but it was not pretty.  Not pretty at all.

Taylor's soccer game was a bit better.  They scored their first 2 goals of the season, which was really exciting!  (I should note that one of those goals was inadvertently scored for the other team, but it was scored, nonetheless.)  Taylor played goalie again and caught another 1-on-1 kick.  That's my boy!

Joey spent much of Saturday taking care of lots of "honey-dos".  There was quite a bit on his list, but he did great and accomplished tons!  Later that night we hit up the 30% off sale at Old Navy and got the kids some shorts and swim suits.  Seriously, if they could stop growing that would be fabulous.

Sunday I could not seem to get my tail out of bed, so we didn't go to church.  Shhhhh!  Don't tell anyone.  Taylor entertained himself quite well by making this:

What is this, you ask?  Why, it's the worlds tallest Star Wars lego-man.  He took all of his Star Wars legos and connected the legs, then the bodies, then the heads, and then put one helmet on top.  Bravo, Taylor.  Bravo!
 
After lunch we headed to the pool where I proceeded to do a horrible job at applying sunscreen and walked away with the craziest tan lines known to man.  Good job, Steph.

When we left the pool we went to Joey's mom's house for dinner - and also Joey had to replace her garbage disposal.  That went rather well and there were hardly any expletives used during this home improvement task.  Joey was then rewarded with a giant plate of spaghetti and chocolate chip cookies.

Later that night I made my weekly trip to the grocery story - which I know is not exciting in any way, shape, or form.  This is why I hate to grocery shop on Sunday evenings:


So, was you weekend as full as mine?  I don't think my week will be any slower since we have graduation ceremonies, friends coming to town, and lots of fun planned.

Rest. Who needs it?


8 comments:

California Wife said...

Our grocery store is the exact same way anytime after 3 o'clock on a Sunday, I hate it! You'd think they could plan for these things, given that it happens every Sunday!!!!

Mighty M said...

You are brave for seeing that movie! I can't believe someone brought an infant!! Jeesh!!

Mrs. Buck said...

I'm such a scardey-cat I could never see that movie - and the thought of an infant there? Crazy!

Isabelle said...

Lately I've had to go to the store on Sundays since my Saturdays were packed and Steph it's a global thing. Last week: no chicken, no oats ans not eggs! Pfffff

the queen said...

cute blog!
my husband and i love cosi as well!
look forward to reading more from you!

Lindsey said...

Our grocery store is like that too on Sunday evenings, drives me crazy!

amy (metz) walker said...

I'll say that an extra $600 bill that you thought you were finished with would be really stressful. Hope you get it all worked out.

Wow, that grocery store was seriously wiped out!

smile steady said...

Oh my goodness! I can't believe how empty those shelves are!

And I love babies. I don't even mind when they cry, it's what babies do. But mothers who do not tend to crying babies? No love.

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict