I think I'll summarize the last 5 days and then expand throughout the week. Sound like a plan?
- Izzy arrived, but her luggage didn't.
- We went to dinner at Dickey's (she loves San Antonio BBQ) and then picked up stuff to make the badge for Joey's graduation cake.
- We went to Target so Izzy could pick up some things since she had no luggage. They don't have Target in Montreal, so this was a necessary stop.
- Izzy's luggage was delivered to our house at 1:30 in the morning. The dog freaked out, which freaked Joey out. He almost grabbed his gun, but didn't, which was good. It was just luggage.
- Izzy and I went to the gym and had a kick-butt workout.
- We went home and started making fondant for the badge on Joey's cake
- We got dressed and headed to the "Coin Ceremony" where the cadets were issued their badge and gun.
Pics of me, Izzy, Joey's mom, and my dad. (My mom had to work.)
- The ceremony was amazing. I was an emotional mess (because I'm so incredibly proud of my husband I can hardly contain it). Joey was awarded the Top Driver award and also was one of the top 3 in PT and was given a "Studley Dudley" shirt.
(Can you tell I'm proud?? I so badly want to post all one million pictures that were taken, but Joey said no pics of him in uniform on the blog. Hopefully this one will be ok.)
- After the ceremony, we headed home to work some more on the cake then went to dinner - Mexican food and margaritas!
- The big day! We went shopping that morning for the food for the big party I was throwing that night.
- Back home to get ready for the BIG graduation ceremony.
- At graduation, Joey was awarded the highest honor - Top Cadet. He had the highest overall average of his whole class.
- He made a wonderful speech and I cried like a baby.
- He did it!!! They took the oath of service and I cried like a baby again.
- We took a million pictures until Joey had finally had enough. I think his cheeks hurt.
- Izzy and I headed out to our friends place where we were having the party and started getting everything together.
- The party was a huge success.
(See that badge? That's what we spent 2 days trying to make. I had a picture in my head of how I wanted the cake to look and Izzy made the fondant to match. SO HAPPY with how it turned out.)
- Joey worked his first shift and had an awesome day!
- Izzy and I were so incredibly exhausted, we took the kids to IHOP then came home and chilled the rest of the day. It was amazing.
- When Joey got home, Izzy, Joey and I watched Zoolander. It was a must since Izzy had never seen it and had told us earlier in the week that she couldn't turn left. (She's a fitness model. Evidently Derek Zoolander isn't the only model that has that problem.)
- Joey worked again.
- The kids and I took Izzy to the airport at 6am.
- Mothers Day festivities reigned (more on this later in the week).
In case you're wondering (if you even made it through this entire post), I'm exhausted. I need a vacation. But I wouldn't change the past 5 days for anything. We had so much fun and I'm so proud of Joey.
Babe, I love you more than life.