Overload

Monday, May 10, 2010

I am completely on overload today. So much has happened since I posted last and I just have no idea where to begin.

I think I'll summarize the last 5 days and then expand throughout the week. Sound like a plan?

Wednesday
  • Izzy arrived, but her luggage didn't.
  • We went to dinner at Dickey's (she loves San Antonio BBQ) and then picked up stuff to make the badge for Joey's graduation cake.
  • We went to Target so Izzy could pick up some things since she had no luggage.  They don't have Target in Montreal, so this was a necessary stop.

Thursday
  • Izzy's luggage was delivered to our house at 1:30 in the morning.  The dog freaked out, which freaked Joey out.  He almost grabbed his gun, but didn't, which was good.  It was just luggage.
  • Izzy and I went to the gym and had a kick-butt workout.
  • We went home and started making fondant for the badge on Joey's cake

  • We got dressed and headed to the "Coin Ceremony" where the cadets were issued their badge and gun.
Pics of me, Izzy, Joey's mom, and my dad. (My mom had to work.)

  • The ceremony was amazing.  I was an emotional mess (because I'm so incredibly proud of my husband I can hardly contain it).  Joey was awarded the Top Driver award and also was one of the top 3 in PT and was given a "Studley Dudley" shirt.
(Can you tell I'm proud?? I so badly want to post all one million pictures that were taken, but Joey said no pics of him in uniform on the blog.  Hopefully this one will be ok.)

  • After the ceremony, we headed home to work some more on the cake then went to dinner - Mexican food and margaritas!

Friday
  • The big day!  We went shopping that morning for the food for the big party I was throwing that night.
  • Back home to get ready for the BIG graduation ceremony.
  • At graduation, Joey was awarded the highest honor - Top Cadet.  He had the highest overall average of his whole class.
  • He made a wonderful speech and I cried like a baby.
  • He did it!!!  They took the oath of service and I cried like a baby again.
  • We took a million pictures until Joey had finally had enough.  I think his cheeks hurt.
  • Izzy and I headed out to our friends place where we were having the party and started getting everything together.
  • The party was a huge success.
(See that badge?  That's what we spent 2 days trying to make.  I had a picture in my head of how I wanted the cake to look and Izzy made the fondant to match.  SO HAPPY with how it turned out.)

Saturday
  • Joey worked his first shift and had an awesome day!
  • Izzy and I were so incredibly exhausted, we took the kids to IHOP then came home and chilled the rest of the day.  It was amazing.

  • When Joey got home, Izzy, Joey and I watched Zoolander.  It was a must since Izzy had never seen it and had told us earlier in the week that she couldn't turn left.  (She's a fitness model.  Evidently Derek Zoolander isn't the only model that has that problem.)

Sunday
  • Joey worked again.
  • The kids and I took Izzy to the airport at 6am.
  • Mothers Day festivities reigned (more on this later in the week).

In case you're wondering (if you even made it through this entire post), I'm exhausted.  I need a vacation.  But I wouldn't change the past 5 days for anything.  We had so much fun and I'm so proud of Joey.

Babe, I love you more than life.


    11 comments:

    Jennifer said...

    What an amazing week!! Congratulations JOEY!!! I can't believe it's already here! Is he on the streets yet??

    Jenster said...

    ok, so now i have tears in my eyes. i love the picture of you with your arms around joey. i can actually feel your emotions in that picture. i know you are so darn proud of him. love your cake too...fantastic job my friend
    (you are the talent of all talents). congrats to joey getting top cadet.

    skaptain said...

    Congrats!! WOuld you mind if you have the fondant recipe posting it or asking Izzy for it? I just made a cake yesterday with fondant but it was store bought Wilton brand and it was not very tasty! Thank you so much and have a relaxing week :)

    Isabelle said...

    OMG do I look tired on the iHop pic or what lol!

    It was a great 5 days and I'm dead!!! I loved every minute and want to stay longer next time!

    You did an amazing job with the party Steph! I'm so happy for your family.

    Skaptain, I will post the pic on my blog and you can get it there! It's easy to make and to work with.

    California Wife said...

    WOW, what an exciting 5 days you've had!
    I can definitely tell how proud you are of Joey, thanks for sharing all of the pics. The cake looks amazing!

    Brandy said...

    That's so exciting!! You must be SO proud that he was top cadet!

    scargosun said...

    I was so excited to read your post that I had to highlight it to read is as blogger was being a pain and would not load fast enough. CONGRATULATIONS to Joey and to YOU too! The cake looked fabulous and you both looked so happy!

    Joey said...

    baby, the best part of this experience was sharing it with you and the kids. i love you and thanks for all your hard work! you deserve a massage :)

    Virginia Belle said...

    Sounds like a very exciting couple of days. Congrats to your husband! The cake looks great!

    The Shabby Princess said...

    You get the wife of the year award. Also, you're too cute for words!

    CushyBaby said...

    Yayy! I have finally found a police officer's wife in the blog world! I'm not even sure how I got here, but I'm glad I did. Congrats on your husband's academy graduation and I know I don't know you, but if you EVER want to chat police-wife stuff, I'm game, k?? Love your blog.

    let's get acquainted

    My Photo
    THE Stephanie
    I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
    View my complete profile

    I'm a weather addict