Mother's Day

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

I'm a few days late in my recap, but better late than never, right?

For me, Mother's Day actually began on Thursday when both kids brought me home an entire cake (each) from school. Such a sweet gesture! One of our local grocery stores provided the cakes and the kids got to decorate them.


Sunday, since Joey had to work, I took the kids to my parents and celebrated with them and my brother and his family.  My dad and brother were so great!  They cooked the entire meal by themselves (brisket, homemade scalloped potatoes, and salad!) and the moms didn't have to lift a finger.  It was great!


For my mom, my brother and I bought her a "mom" charm, along with two separate charms - one with my birthstone and one with his. She loves it!


The kids were very thoughtful and I had several handmade cards. I always love the handmade things they bring me on special days. (The Target gift card wasn't bad either.)


(Don't you just love Taylor's smile?  He's so silly!)

Later that evening, after Joey got home from work, we took his mom to dinner. We got her a similar charm to my mom's, but hers said "Mimi" and had Ashton and Taylor's names around the outside of the circle. It's super cute!

And I absolutely love this pic of Joey and his mom.


I'd say it was a successful day, although it will take some getting used to with Joey working on holidays.  I missed him!



2 comments:

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

it sounded like a wonderful multi-day mommy's day! :) bummer that Joey had to work, but yay for getting to celebrate more later or on a different day (right? ;-)) and what great mother's day gifts that you guys got your moms, so cute!

Grand Pooba said...

What sweet kids you have!

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict