He certainly can NOT be trusted!

Tuesday, May 11, 2010


Joey found Scruffy (yes, he's already named her) last night while he and Taylor were on a bike ride on the trails behind our house.  I don't know if you can tell from the pic, but she is absolutely skin and bones!  It's so horrible!  Her hair was matted and full of burs.

Joey couldn't take it, so he picked up Scruffy and carried her a mile and a half back to our house and gave her some food and water.

When I got home with Ashton from volleyball, he looked at me and said, "I need to show you something."  He grabbed his flashlight and took me in the backyard, around the back of the house, where Scruffy had taken up residence in the cushy flower bed.

My reaction?  "What is that???" 

Then I knelt down and pet her and felt how skinny she was.  So, so sad!  I convinced Joey to give her a bath and after we did, she went right into the dog house and appears to have stayed there all night.


Can you see her ribs now? UGH!! So heartbreaking.

We think she may be full grown - she doesn't look like a puppy - and that someone may have dumped her in the park behind our house.  She's obviously been roughing it for quite some time, but she loves the kids, so I think she's been around kids before.  Joey said that once he got her home, she would go to Taylor much quicker than she came to him.  And she comes to Ashton immediately.

This is not good.  Not good at all.  But really, what can you do when you see this poor thing?  You can't leave her in the woods, right??


14 comments:

Megan said...

Awww that poor little pups, that is so sad! I'm glad that you guys rescued her! And now you will keep her forever! ;-)

scargosun said...

Nope. Can't leave her in the woods. I think she is cute, even as skinny as she is. If you can't keep her, maybe foster her through a rescue network. She seems to like the little house. :)

Virginia Belle said...

Poor thing! That last picture of her makes me so sad. She is so lucky to have been rescued by such a great family!

California Wife said...

Yup, you officially have a new dog!!! She's so cute, and is apparently a very lucky girl to have been found by your family.

Cat said...

aww you have to keep her! she's so cute even with all that roughness:)

Amy Lynn said...

AWWWWW! She just needs some good food and lovin'!!!! Thank goodness he found her!

LauraAnn said...

Poor thing!!!! That just breaks my heart that people would just abandon their pets without any remorse of what may happen to them. She is lucky that such a nice family found her! :-)

Jenster said...

awe steph, God put her in joey's path for a reason. she needs love and attention. so glad you two have huge hearts.

Carri said...

Awww Scruffy is adorable. I definitely think Scruffy and Joey were put together for a reason. Enjoy the new family member.

Lishak said...

How adorable! I think that poor dog hit the jackpot in meeting your family! :)

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

She is so cute! So sad she looks like he is hungry.

Joey said...

all you people act like we are going to keep her... dang dog, making me feel all sorry for her and everything!

Mrs. Buck said...

aaaw, you should totally keep her. She looks so sweet and needs your love!

MrsDixon said...

Poor puppy! My hubby found a puppy curled up in a ball in our garage once....it was so hard not to keep her! This one looks pretty cute...just needs some lovin' hopefully! Cute blog!

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict