who needs a neck?

Thursday, April 8, 2010

I think I've mentioned on Twitter a few times that my neck has been killing me.

It all started on Monday when I woke up with what I thought was just a crick in my neck from sleeping funny. It didn't go away, so later that night I tried some Icy Hot. Nothing. I had trouble sleeping, but hoped it would better in the morning.

Not so much.

Went all day Tuesday barely turning my neck because It hurt so bad. I tried a heat pack later that night, but that did nothing, so I resorted to Advil PM and went to bed. Only I didn't sleep well at all.

Yesterday I woke up and it still hurt like heck. I went all day trying just not to think about it. I headed to the gym after work, did my weight training, then proceeded to the elliptical. I pushed through 20 minutes before I had to quite because my neck felt like it was just going to be ripped from my body.

What the heck?

By the time I got home I was in so much pain, all I could do was lay down and hope that a heating pad would help. Which it didn't. So I went to the bathroom to take shower, but ended up sitting there just bawling in pain. That's when Joey insisted he was taking me to the emergency clinic. I really didn't want to go because I just knew I was going to get there, wait forever, and then be told it was nothing.

But Joey insisted, so we went.

Once I saw the doc, he decided there needed to be x-rays, but first, he was going to have the nurse give me a shot of Toradol. Anyone ever had a shot of Toradol? They hurt like heck!! And I'm not even talking about the shot itself, I can take that. It's the medication. Dang that stuff is painful.

And it did nothing to relieve the pain in my neck that had since begun to transfer into my head giving me a massive headache!

BUT, the muscle relaxer that he prescribed (along with 2 other pain relievers - it's amazing I haven't fallen asleep yet) after determining I had a severe muscle spasm deep in my neck, did do the trick!  I slept like a baby and woke up with no neck pain.

Until now.  Bring on the Vicodin!  (Do you think my boss will notice if I just lay my head down for a bit?)


5 comments:

California Wife said...

A sore neck is the absolute worst, I'm so glad that you're finally feeling better.

Jennifer said...

surely the boss won't mind if you have a little nap time. i think that should be part of every work day!!!

Jenster said...

do you think that maybe you're stressed and you don't realize it?

i hope it goes away becuase i know it not only hurts but ticks you off becuase it hurts.

about the tanning creme. got some, put it on last night and no streaks. the smell is pleasant too. thanks so much for that advise.

The Shabby Princess said...

I'm sorry you're in pain shug! I suggest the vicodin and a nap--your boss won't mind!

Jenny.Lee said...

I hope you feel better soon!

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict