Yes, I was a tad jealous of all my blog buddies who met up at the Beth More event in Atlanta. It seems like (via Twitter) you all had such a great time!
Since we packed so much into the weekend, I think I must resort to the good 'ole standby: bullets.
- Friday, Joey and I had a much needed date. We had Mexican food and margaritas (again, much needed) and then went to see The Bounty Hunter. I love Jennifer Aniston! I spent the entire movie whispering to Joey, "I just want my hair to look like hers! Is that so hard?" (Well, as every girl knows - yes. Yes it is.) Joey was so sweet, and as we left the movie (and he was clearly tired of listening to me talk about Jennifer's hair), he said, "Your hair looks like Stephanie, and I love it that way!" Yeah, I think I'll keep him.
- Saturday morning, Ashton had volleyball at 8am (that should be illegal). Even worse than that, she had pictures at 7:30am (jail-time illegal!). Joey was the sweetest ever and offered to take her while Taylor and I slept in. Again, I think I'll keep him.
- Later that afternoon, Taylor had soccer. I took Taylor to the game while Joey stayed home and wrote a million-and-one reports because one of the cadets in his class did something stupid and got them all in trouble. Anyway, Taylor's game was awesome! He played goalie again and since Joey wasn't there to coach him on, I joined Taylor near the goal to give him a little direction. (Yeah, I'm that mom. And I'm not ashamed to admit it.) The highlight of the game? Picture this: Taylor's the goalie and there's a one-on-one kick. The little girl from the opposing team who was trying to kick it in was pretty good, but no match for my boy! She kicked that ball and with just a little coaching from me, Taylor caught the ball right in his belly with both arms! It was Olympic-style amazing! The whole team cheered and I was so proud of my boy!! He was pretty proud of himself, too.
- After soccer we headed to church, then back home for dinner and family movie night. Ashton had a friend spend the night, so it was only 3/4 of the family, but Joey, me, and Taylor piled in our bed and watched National Treasure (with Nicholas Cage). I knew Taylor would love this movie! Joey made us his famous milkshakes and we watched the movie until Taylor passed out. Love that boy!
- Sunday afternoon we loaded up the grill and took it to Memaw and Pepaw's house. Pepaw's birthday was last Wednesday, but Memaw was back in the hospital so we had to postpone the celebration. Joey grilled steaks and we all enjoyed a great lunch. (Memaw is back home now.)
- After lunch, Joey suggested we head to the pool for the first time this summer. Have I mentioned that I love summer?? Well, I do. We took the kids to my parents pool and stayed for 3 hours! The water was freezing, but the kids didn't seem to mind. Joey and I soaked up the sun (a little too much sun) and pretended we had a frozen beverage in our hands and were actually laying near the beach. It was a great afternoon!
- When we got home I did some laundry, Joey ironed his cadet uniforms for the last time (This is the last week that he has to wear them. Next week he wears his "real" uniforms!), and then washed both our cars.
I'd say that was a pretty jam-packed weekend, wouldn't you? But I loved every minute of it.