Weekend recap: easter version

Monday, April 5, 2010

Happy Monday, friends!

Our weekend was packed, as I'm sure all of yours was too, but unfortunately I don't have any pictures to prove it.  My excuse?  I'm a slacker.

Friday night I went on a date with the hubs.  We met some friends for dinner that we hadn't seen in quite a while.  It was great to catch up!  Then Joey and I went to see Hot Tub Time Machine.  My expectations were low, but clearly not low enough.  Can someone please explain to me what is supposed to be so funny about vulgar language?  I was done with this movie after the first 5 minutes.  UGH!  It was actually a funny movie, but I just could not get past the f-word every 5 seconds.  It would have been just as funny (funnier, to me) without the language.

Saturday morning Joey and I hit the gym.  For those of you taking notes (ok, admittedly, that would be only me - and maybe Izzy), that is 5 times this week for me!  I don't think I've ever been to the gym 5 times in one week.  LOL.

Anyway, then we picked up the kids from Joey's moms house and went home where I proceeded to do tons of laundry (yippee!) and Joey went to get his off-duty weapon.  (Side note: Hello!  He graduates in less than 5 weeks!  Where did the time go??)  Saturday evening we went to church then came home and grilled out.  I love the smell of grilling in the Spring.  Then we tried to watch a movie on HBO (Duplicity) but it was horrible and Joey fell asleep.

Sunday we had Easter lunch with Joey's mom and grandparents.  The kids had an egg hunt, which they really enjoyed, and got WAY too much candy.  But hey, it's Easter, right?  That afternoon we had planned to take the kids to the park where Joey was going to play volleyball with Ashton while I played soccer with Taylor.  This lasted all of 30 minutes until the kids were complaining that it was too hot.  So we went home. 

Good times.

Sunday evening I made dinner (since Joey has been cooking all week) and then Joey went to the shooting range with his dad to break in his new gun.

Now that you're all board-to-tears with my absolutely uneventful weekend (and lack of pictures), I'll sign off.

Have a great week!



5 comments:

Kelly said...

I hate when a movie could be great but is ruined with excessive bad launguage!

Jenny.Lee said...

Ugh, I hate movies like that too. My hubby and I saw Clash of the Titams and unfortunately the storyline was lacking in substance. :(

Jenny.Lee said...

Oh and kudos on five days at the gym!!! :)

Isabelle said...

Yes I knew you had gone 5 times!!!! You rock Steph!

smile steady said...

Ahhh... nothing beats the smell of grilling! Hooray for spring!

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict