stephanie cooks: three cheese & beef stuffed shells

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

It's been a while since I've written a "stephanie cooks" post. I'm not gonna lie. It's actually because I haven't cooked.

But last night, I made a recipe that I got from Mrs. Jetplane and it was a huge hit! The entire family loved it and said we should have it more often. Woo HOO!

Go ahead, give your family a little yum tonight.

Three Cheese and Beef Stuffed Shells

What you need:

  • 24 jumbo pasta shells
  • 1 lb. ground beef
  • 1 jar (26 oz.) pasta sauce
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 8 oz. chive and onion cream cheese
  • 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella
  • 1/2 cup grated parmesan
  • 1 egg

How you make it:

  1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Cook pasta shells as directed.  Drain.
  3. While pasta is cooking, cook ground beef.  Drain and cool slightly.
  4. In a bowl, mix pasta sauce and water.  Pour 1 cup sauce mixture in the bottom of a 13x9 baking dish.
  5. In a separate bowl, mix cream cheese, 1 cup mozzarella, parmesan, egg, and beef.
  6. Scoop large spoonfuls of beef mixture into each shell and place in baking dish.
  7. Pour remaining sauce mixture over stuffed shells.
  8. Cover with foil.  Bake 45 minutes.
  9. Remove from oven, remove foil, and cover top with remaining mozzarella.  
  10. Continue baking for 10 minutes.

So yummy and so easy!




4 comments:

Kelly said...

Sounds great! I like the idea of cream cheese!

Megan said...

I've made these before and loved them! So yummy!

meredith said...

okay that seriously looks delicious!!!! i'm allergic to milk (also, cheese and anything else that contains milk), so i'll have to see what substitute i can find!

Aubrey said...

I love your Stephanie Cooks recipes. I've made your Italian Chicken and your Fried Onion covered chicken. Both are big hits. I'll have to try this one next.

I like that there aren't too many ingredients and it's so easy to slap together.

Thanks for sharing with us!

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict