the search for a great tan

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Last year I (finally) said good-bye to the tanning bed.  I knew it was bad for me, but I wanted to be tan and let's face it, who really has the time to lay out in the sun enough to get that?  And, um, in case you didn't know, the sun is bad for you too.

I have tried several sunless tanning products in the past, but they either didn't actually work, turned me orange, or left hideous streaks. 


After a recommendation from Big Mama (via her blog), I decided to give this a try:


Let me tell you, this stuff WORKS!  It is amazing, seriously!  It doesn't turn me a color that's not natural, it doesn't streak, and it actually works!  And, it doesn't smell like sunless tanner either.


I can't find it at my local grocery store, but I was able to find it at Target.  The Neutrogena website shows this product as well, but I haven't seen it in stores.  


I'll be checking Target today; however, I have been using the non-face version on my face and haven't had any trouble.

Oh, and the best part?  It's only $8!!  


So, if you're in the search for the perfect tan, you should give this a try.  (And no, I wasn't paid by Neutrogena to say this, I just love the product.)




9 comments:

Jenster said...

thanks stephi!!!

California Wife said...

I finally gave up on the tanning bed too! I hated to do it, but it's just so bad for you.

Mrs. Bear said...

I definitely don't touch the tanning bed anymore... unless I am going somewhere tropical...then I go a couple of times so I don't get super sun burned the first day at the beach.

Taryn said...

You couldn't have posted this at a better time, thanks! I have a wedding to attend this Saturday and because of my scary winter-white skin, I was planning to pay for a spray tan. This would be way cheaper! How many applications/days would you say it takes you to get a noticeable color with this lotion?

Annie said...

good to know!! now i want to try it!!

hope you are having a great week! :)

magically ordinary said...

great recommendation! Once I start my tan over spring break I hate to go back to pastey white while I wait for summer. I'm running to the store today!

Kelly said...

My friend was just raving about this too! I need to try it out! and $8 is a perfect price

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

I am so going to have to try this!

Melissa said...

I used it last year before new years since I was wearing a dress and it definitely worked.

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict