Financial advice from Taylor

Tuesday, April 6, 2010


After receiving a dollar for completing one (of 3) of his chores last week:

Taylor: YAY!  Now I have twenty dollars!  I only need five more dollars until I can buy my Star Wars toy!!  I'm so excited!

Me: That's great, Taylor!  I'm so proud of you for saving your money for something you really want instead of spending it on random stuff (like he usually does).

Taylor:  I know!  I'm so excited!!  And after I buy my Star Wars toy, I'm going to keep doing my chores and saving my money!

Me:  What are you gonna save for next?

Taylor: College.

Me: College?  (Trying not to laugh... where does he come up with these things??)  That's a great idea, Taylor!  Good thinking. (Completely shocked that he even knows what college is, really.  He's 6.)

Taylor:  Yeah, I'm going to need lots of money for college so I can get a job a make more money!!

Me: Excellent idea, buddy.


5 comments:

California Wife said...

WOW, I'm seriously impressed! That's too cute for words.

Grand Pooba said...

Haha! Well, looks like you're off the hook then :o)

Isabelle said...

After reading this I don't think I need to explain why I'm crazy about your son!!! He is so adorable!

Kelly said...

too cute!

In this wonderful life... said...

he definitely has the right idea! good job, momma :)

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict