birthday recap

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Saturday was Joey's birthday and Ashton had big plans to make daddy breakfast in bed. It's kind of a tradition.

Too bad we were out of eggs. And you need eggs to make any kind of breakfast.

So Joey opted for IHOP with the family. YUM!  (Please disregard the second pic, where Joey, Taylor, and I have nasty looks on our faces.  I only included it to prove I was there.)


Later that evening, Joey and I went on his birthday date.  He wanted sushi, so sushi it was.  I had never eaten sushi before, but was sure I wouldn't like it.  I'm still sure.  But look at Joey!  He was enjoying it, and that's all that mattered!

Sunday we went to Joey's moms' house for lunch and Joey cooked us ribs. :)  Yes, he cooked his own birthday lunch, but that's how he likes it. Look at that smile on his face!  (And the empty plate...)


Then of course there was a card from his mom (and you know what cards mean!) and cake.  Oh, and vanilla cupcakes since my crazy little boy doesn't like chocolate.


After lunch we went to see Joey's grandma and grandpa.  His grandma hasn't been doing well and they weren't able to make it for lunch, so we took lunch (and cake) to them!

It was a full weekend, but I think Joey had a great birthday.


9 comments:

Mighty M said...

It definitely looks like it was a "full" weekend, especially from your tummy's perspective. So glad he had a wonderful birthday weekend. Maybe next year Ashton will remind you to buy the eggs ahead of time.

The cake looks DELICIOUS!

Melissa said...

Sounds like lots of good food for his birthday! Just what I like!!

Jenny.Lee said...

Happy Birthday to your hubby!

Annie said...

lady, you have the cutest family!!!
hope your man had a fabulous birthday!
sure sounds like he did and the fam was to thank ;)
have you ever had vegetarian sushi?
it's the only kind i like...i like rice, veggies, soy sauce and that spicy green crap....haha, so i love vegetarian sushi but not the "real" stuff. my man loves it though.
love all the photos!! you really have an adorable family! you and your man are one good lookin couple!
hope you are having a good week so far beautiful!!

California Wife said...

Looks like a fabulous birthday weekend!

Jenster said...

ok steph, how is it you always look fab in all the pictures you take???

looks like a nice birthday celebration. so sweet of ya'll to take food and cake to his grandma. makes my heart smile.

Isabelle said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! I love iHop! Why don't we have them here..... 3 weeks

scargosun said...

Yummy birthday!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

out of eggs? haha :) sounded like a great day! Happy Birthday to your Hubby! :)

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict