real

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

I can not believe how fast Joey's academy training is going. When he started 6 months ago, it seemed like 8 months would take forever! But now, time is flying!

This week he has firearms training.

Next week, it's week-long ride-alongs.

The week after, driving.

After that, tactics.

I'm so excited for him! Everything is finally wrapping up and he's going to be living his dream.

But I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little nervous. Don't get me wrong, I support Joey 100%. I know that God has brought him here and I know that this is what he was created to do. There is no doubt in my mind.

But a year ago, I was married to an Account Manager at an IT firm. Now I'm about to be married to a cop. Everything is just moving so fast. In 8 weeks, our lives will change. I'm not saying that's bad, by any means, but change is change.

So as we adjust, I'll keep taking deep breaths and remembering... The hand of God will never lead me where the grace of God cannot keep me. As long as I keep holding on to His hand, I think I'll be ok.



8 comments:

Lump said...

I'm missing out on so much! I have a lot to get caught up on.

Don't worry, I think it will be a good change. :)

Jennifer said...

Very soon after he is a police officer that will become your new normal and you won't be worried anymore. I'm so excited for him as I think it takes a special kind of person to do this job. I am a proud wife of a man in uniform too girl!

Patience said...

I think we are living the same life. My fiance was in IT and is now a Sheriff Deputy. It was always his dream to be a police officer and when he got laid off last year he went after his dream. It scares me to death, but I support him and his dreams. I am so happy your husband is living his dreams too and with every day on the job it does get a little easier.

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

wow, time is flying! i bet he is having an amazing time. I would be nervous too but you are so right, God is right next to him every day! we'll keep him (and you!) in our prayers! you guys are a special couple :)

meredith said...

wow, that's crazy! i'll be thinking about you and your family over these next couple of months as you transition into a new life and routine! it's all exciting though!! :)

Melissa said...

I understand you're worry about change. Dustin is currently going through the process of fireman training. I worry about how this change will affect our lives, but in the end, I'm very proud of him!

Annie said...

everything is going so quick!!
how exciting!! :)
change is always challenging but it sounds like you are handling everything just perfect :)

Christina said...

It's going to be a huge adjustment, but you guys are a strong couple & a strong family...you WILL adapt. Hang in there friend!

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict