my neck. my neck and my back.

Monday, March 8, 2010

they hurt.

well, really, it's just my back, but that's what Joey and our friend Jason said all the time when they laid the tile in our house, so it's what I think about when my back hurts.

Joey and I spent all weekend laying grass in the backyard.  we also sectioned off an area next to the house that gets nothing but run-off from the roof and put down some rocks and stepping stones so we could get from the back porch to the front gate.  then we put down green metal trim around the flower beds (well two of them) in the back and filled them with mulch.

Oh, and Joey repaired the fence too.  He was on a role.

No, we aren't white trash.  We had to do all this because that cute "little" dog we adopted last summer?  Sophie? Remember her?  Well, she thrashed our yard.  Literally.  She dug holes in the ground all around the house, chewed the fence and ripped pieces off, demolished a shrub, ate a hose, nearly dug all the way under our air conditioner - I could go on and on, but I'll just tell you that we found another home for her, so now we're working on repairing the backyard.

Next weekend we plan on laying another pallet of grass and planting some things in the flower beds. 

We plan on putting the house on the market in about a year.  I have a list going of the things that need to be repaired or updated and it makes me so happy to be able to work on the list!  I don't mind being sore when it means I'm getting closer to a new house!


4 comments:

Jennifer said...

It always feels good getting things accomplished. Even if we are crippled for a few days. :)

Annie said...

sounds like you two had a productive weekened!
you got some stuff checked off your list and you have new grass! :)

have a great monday hun!

Kristin said...

That's going to be us in a couple weeks. It's sodding time...thank goodness! The unusual amount of freezes that Florida experienced this Winter killed ALL our landscaping!

The Shabby Princess said...

Moving stresses me out--we aren't even close to that, but, still,makes me all shaky. Glad you're getting an early head start on that! And your yard will look so great in time for summer!

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict