I'm good without it

Monday, March 22, 2010

About 6 weeks ago I went to the doc for my annual physical and he ordered blood work.  Standard procedure, but goodness God was watching out for me!

A couple days later I got a call from the nurse telling me everything was great... except my CO2 level was very low.  She really didn't understand it and said the doc wanted me to have another blood test done to be sure it wasn't just a fluke.

So I did.  And it came back even lower.  I tired not to freak myself out by using Google to diagnose myself, but I couldn't help it.  It was just so strange.

The doc thought it might be related to my migraine medication, so he cut my dose in half and then told me to have my blood work done again in a week.  Well, I didn't make it to a week before I was in his office, short of breath, heart racing... freaking out!  He told me to stop taking it all together, and, you guessed it, more blood work.

People, ever since I've been off my migraine medication, I have only had 1 headache in 10 days.  Um... does anyone else see a problem with this?  Not only was my migraine medication causing my CO2 level to drop to dangerous levels, but it was causing my headaches!  Now, granted, I have been taking this same medication for over 3 years now and have had no problems - and it appeared to be controlling my migraines - but now it turned on me.

And honestly, I don't mind.  Whatever it takes to get the headaches to stop.



6 comments:

Mrs. Bear said...

Wow!!! Sometimes your body just becomes used to something and stops working. I play that game with stomach medicines allll the time, haha. Thank goodness for no migraines! knock on wood

Mighty M said...

So glad you got those tests done so you kind of knew what was going on before something really bad happened. I hope the headaches stay away!!

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

Scary, take migraine medicine as well. I hope it was not what I take.

Staci said...

wow, scary!! i was about to diagnose u! hee hee

Melissa said...

OH NO!! I'm glad you got that taken care of. What migraine meds were you taking? I hope it's not what I take!

Patience said...

That is crazy. Glad the Dr. caught it and hopefully the headaches stay away.

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict