happy birthday grandmother

Friday, March 5, 2010

Today, my Grandmother turns 87 years young.

Isn't she beautiful?

And she's just as full of life as she looks.  She moved into an assisted living home just over a year ago and she has her own apartment, but let me tell you, she's never there. If you want to find her, you'll have to look in the common area.  She'll be there chatting it up with her girlfriends.

She's always been the life of the party.  I guess that's where my momma gets it.

You want to know what I got from my Grandmother?  My love for heels.  That's right! My grandmother had a deep, deep, love for heels.  High, pointy-toe heels.  Just the way I like them.  She used to live in Chicago and worked downtown and would ride the train and walk everywhere.  In her heels.

She's my hero.

She truly is an amazing woman.  I have some of my best childhood memories of vacations to my Grandmother's house.  I remember one vacation when we went to visit her in Chicago and when it was time to go back to the airport, she had rented us a limousine!  And I always loved going to see her and my Granddaddy before he passed.  My Granddaddy was so cool!  He had a little refrigerator by his bed that had Pepsi and Nestle Crunch bars, I think.  (And before you start thinking that's really weird, I mean, it is weird, he was not a big man.  LOL)  He also collected trains and had an entire room full of them!  He would take us in there and turn them on and we would watch them go around the tracks for what seemed like hours.

The strange thing is that those memories are so vivid (he and my Grandmother), yet my Granddaddy died when I was 3 or 4.

I could go on for days about all the memories I have of my Grandmother...vacations to my cousins, Christmas', her laugh... there are so many.  I hope there are many, many more.

Grandmother, I love you so much.  I could not have been blessed with a more precious Grandmother.  I hope you have a wonderful birthday.  Enjoy your time in Houston and hug those great-grandbabies!!


3 comments:

Polka Dots & Protein Bars said...

Happy happy birthday to your beautiful grandmother!

The Shabby Princess said...

Aw, so sweet! Happy birthday to you lovely grandmother!

Mine instilled a love of jewelry and lipstick!

Lindsey said...

Happy birthday to your gorgeous grandmother!

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict