you can't handle the truth!

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Ok, I'm sure you can handle the truth, but I've always wanted to say that.

Now, onto your questions and my answers:

Miss Anne asked, "what's your favorite/must have style/makeup product?"
I'd have to say that the only thing I'm really picky about, brand-wise, is my Bumble & Bumble Thickening Spray.  I have the thinnest, straightest hair ever, so anything that will give me a little body is sure to become my BFF.  B&B Thickening Spray has been my go-to styling aid for years now.

Lindsey at Sweet Simplicity asked, "What line of work are you in?"
By day, I'm an executive assistant.  I work for the North American President of an international company. (I blogged about this way back when.  You can read about it HERE, if you want.) By night?  I am half owner of Blogalicious Designs (a graphic, blog, and web design company), a wife, a mom to 2 kiddos that are growing too fast, a cook, dishwasher, and laundry woman extraordinaire.  What I am not?  A mop-er.  I don't do floors.

Carri at A Day In The Life Of Us had several questions for me!  "What is your favorite color? Favorite food? Favorite time of day? Favorite TV show?"
My favorite color... This question always throws me off, but today, I've come to the conclusion that I just don't have a favorite color.  And I'm not afraid to admit it.

My favorite food... This one is easy - Mexican food!!  I could eat pretty much any kind of Mexican food for all 3 meals, everyday!  Mmmmm... especially chips & queso!

My favorite time of day...  Well, it's not morning, that's for sure!  Probably the evening, after the kids are in bed.  Don't get me wrong, I love my children, but after they've gone to bed, Joey and I always lay in bed and snuggle and catch up on our DVR'd shows.  Yeah, this is for sure my favorite time of day!

Favorite TV show(s)... I have several!  My all time favorite show is Alias.  I love Jennifer Garner and I love drama/action/spy stuff.  I would love to have the entire series on DVD to watch any time my DVR ran dry!  As far as shows that are on the air now, I'm currently addicted to Damages, Chuck, The Good Wife, CSI: Miami, Desperate Housewives, and of course, COPS. (LOL, but it's so true.  Joey and I watch COPS all.the.time.)

Melissa from Sweet Melissa asked, "How long have you been a cowboys fan? If since childhood, did you ever dream of being a cowboys cheerleader? I know I sure did!! 
My entire family (I'm talking generations) LOVES the Cowboys.  We're huge fans!  I grew up with the Cowboys on the TV, every time they played, but I didn't really get into watching the games (the entire 60 minutes) until 4-5 years ago.  I used to watch the games when I was away at college and I would call my dad during the commercials.  It made me feel like we were closer than 11 hours apart.  When I got married, I didn't watch much, but then about 4-5 years ago - BAM!  Joey decided he wanted to watch football again.  And now I'm back.

Mrs. Bear from Think Happy Thoughts asked several questions as well.  "Where are you from originally? Where is your favorite place in the US? What is your favorite clothing item?"
I was born in Amarillo, Texas, but I only lived there a few short months. I had a brief, 4 year stint in Belton, South Carolina, then we moved to San Antonio, where I've been ever since (well, with the exception of an even briefer stint away at college in Oklahoma).

My favorite place in the US... Well, since I don't travel much inside the US, I'll have to say San Antonio.  Almost all of my family is here and since I'm extremely family-oriented, anywhere my family resides would my favorite place.  Now, I have to say that there are several places in the US that I'm dying to see - Boston in the Fall, San Francisco, Colorado (with my hubby and kids) in the winter... The kids have never seen snow, so I would love to take them to Colorado one year for Christmas.

My favorite clothing item...  Definitely my American Eagle ripped jeans.  They're my go-to item when I just want to be comfy.

Isabelle from Fit Izzy asked, "If you could travel anywhere in the world ( with or without the kids your pick) where would you go?"
Honestly, I don't really have the desire to travel the world.  I know... boring.  Sorry.  BUT, at this very moment, I would love to head back down to Playa del Carmen with my hubby.  I really need a vacation.  Also, when it's not zero degrees, you know I would love to come visit you, with the entire family in tow, in Canada! That's still on our list, trust me!

Christina asked, "Now that Joey has decided to follow his dream of becoming a police officer...do you have any big dreams you're thinking of trying to accomplish...or have all of your dreams come true already?"
I have the desire to be an OB nurse in Labor & Delivery, but I just can't see myself going back to school for the time it would take to accomplish this.  For now, though, I'm really happy with my life.

Naturally Caffeinated Family asked, "What do you and Hubby like to do for fun? and what stores do you shop at the most? (you always look so cute=)"
First of all, thanks girl!  You're sweet!  Now to the big secret about where I shop... nowhere special.  LOL.  I buy 99% of everything I wear at Old Navy or Target.  I absolutely despise going to the mall, so I just don't.  Occasionally I'll go to Forever 21 and Express, but this is only when I need something I haven't been able to find at Old Navy or Target. Most of time I feel like I don't know how to dress and like I'm completely out of style.

For fun, Joey and I usually go out dinner and a movie.  We like to eat and we like movies, so that works out well.  LOL.


Well that about wraps it up! Thanks for playing along ladies!



8 comments:

Summer said...

You are too cute!!! Loved the Q&A!!!

And a tad jealous that you have perfectly straight hair...I wish!

Miss Anne said...

thanks for answering my ?
:)
love to learn new things about you!

Grand Pooba said...

Aw man, did I miss out or can I ask a question too?

Do you want to have more children?

Sweet Simplicity said...

I loved reading this. I need to try out that B&B spray. My hair is ridiculously thin.

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

fun! i loved reading your answers=)! i do not like doing floors either and I always wanted to be in Alias as Jen Garner's character, haha! we haven't seen every single ep, we might have to go back and watch them on dvd=)

BrnEyedGal said...

Okay...totally loved this, how fun!

Im a Mexican food junkie as well, soooo good!
And the Alias thing, oh how I miss it!
Have a great one...
Danielle

Christina said...

Awww...how cute would that be...a nurse & a police officer?!? But, let me tell you, you would both work yourselves into an early grave due to stress. One stressful job in the family is hard enough on a marriage. And, puh-lease!...you're always in style!

Staci said...

um news flash, i am in nursing school, why didnt you ever tell me this, am i or am i not your b eff eff? and i soo would have waited for you so we could do it together...2 years, sista 2 years is all it takes. You can do it, when joeys done your going, thats it! if i have to force you! then we can work together at 2 things ;)

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict