weekend recap

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Lots of fun was had this weekend.  Just check out Taylor!


LOL.  Seriously, every Friday the kids beg to stay up "really late" and I usually let them.  And this is what always happens.  It was 9 pm.  Love that boy!

Saturday was spent doing lots of laundry (this was NOT part of the fun), going to the grocery store, and cooking.  My dads birthday was last week, but we were celebrating on Sunday, so I needed to make a cake.  Mom had suggested Dr. Pepper cake, so Dr. Pepper cake it was.  One of dads favorites!

I also made the best homemade salsa in the world - if I do say so myself - to take to the party on Sunday.

Saturday night was date night so Joey and I went to one of our favs... Buffalo Wild Wings.  This was two-fold for Joey because they were also showing the UFC fight.  Ahh, the things we do for our men.

Sunday was party day.  Not just the Super Bowl party, but dads birthday party!  The family had requested that I make my homemade pizza, which some people say is the best around and that I should open up a pizzeria, so I obliged... and made 6 pizzas.




We had a great time watching the game together and celebrating dads birthday.  Well, with the little exception of the neighborhood kid who decided to crash my dads party.  I was tempted to go postal more that once, but I refrained.  It made for some good laughs, to say the least.

Oh, and I forgot my dads birthday card, too. Lame, huh??  I'll get it to you dad, I promise :)




10 comments:

magically ordinary said...

Very nice! I just stumbled upon your blog. So glad I did! Beautiful design!

Isabelle said...

What's on the yellow pizza? It looks yummy :)

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

you look so cute, i love the pics! that is so funny about Taylor, so sweet=) i have never had dr. pepper cake, I think I need to try it! is it really good?? Happy Bday to your Dad and the pizzas sound soo good! another thing I've been wanting to make!

Grand Pooba said...

Oh my gosh I LOVE Dr. Pepper cake! Now you've got me craving it again!

Jennifer said...

you look so cute! i've never had a Dr. Pepper cake! You should post the recipe!

Tamara Ann said...

Is a Dr. Pepper cake like a 7Up cake? And I'm curious about the pizza, what's your secret?

Mighty M said...

Pizza sounds terrific!

meredith said...

mmmm, maybe you should open up a pizzeria because these pizzas look awesome!

if this is your dad, he looks really young! happy birthday to him!

and 9:00 p.m. is late, you know!!

blessedmomto8 said...

Looks like you had a blast!

Yankee Girl said...

I have been trying to find an awesome salsa recipe. Can you post it? Or email it to me?

I would be forever in your debt....

...I just found you and love your blog!

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict