week-end wrap up

Monday, February 1, 2010

This weekend was, well, in one word... FULL!

If you follow me on Twitter, then you know that I was looking forward to a Friday night date with my hubby to see "Edge of Darkness".  It was definitely my kind of movie.  I love drama/thriller type movies.

Saturday I did the thing I hate most - laundry.  But since my family insists on wearing different clothes at least once a day, I'm forced to wash them.  Later that day I took the kids to my parents to spend the night and Joey and I just chilled until he had to go work.  He worked "dog-watch" so he didn't leave the house until about 9:30.  He got in on some action with this ride-along (I guess all the crazies come out at night...), but he came home safely to me at 6:30 in the morning.  I didn't sleep well at all while he was working, but I guess I better get used to it.

Sunday Joey slept until noon while I finished up the laundry.  That afternoon, Joey took Taylor to see Avatar and I did something that I swore I wouldn't do - I watched Twilight with Ashton.  She's been begging to see Twilight for forever, but I wouldn't let her watch it because I didn't think it was appropriate.  Luckily, I don't think she caught on to the sexual tension between Bella and Edward that ran through he ENTIRE MOVIE!  She hid her face towards the end when the vampires where fighting over Bella, but other than that, I think she was unscathed.  And I was the coolest mom ever... to Ashton.  And that's what matters, right?

Later that night we went to Joey's moms for dinner and this is what happened:

 

Sorry it's so blurry, but when the kids are wrestling with daddy, I'm pretty sure it's impossible to get a clear picture.  It's great to watch the kids think they can beat their daddy.  But daddy's got skills.

Happy Monday!

(If you still want to get in on the Q & A, click here and leave a question in your comment.)




4 comments:

Jenster said...

New Moon is even more "appropriate" to view. I was very comfortable taking Allyn to see this ( no sex scenes! ).

Grand Pooba said...

The nerve of your family demanding to wear more than one outfit a week!

Sheesh, slave drivers!

The Mendez Family said...

Hey Steph! I haven't read your blog in awhile and forgot how funny you are :) Sorry, ever since Max started walking, running and climbing I'm too pooped to do much reading.

I love, love, love my blog's new look! You and Stace are awesome!

Love ya girl!

Teri said...

I'm looking forward to seeing that movie too. Glad you had such a fun, full weekend, even IF laundry is involved! :)

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict