today is the day

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

There are two days that Joey has been anticipating since he started the academy.

Hell Day and Graduation.

Today is Hell Day.  And I'm a nervous wreck.  I'm wondering how many times I'll have to run to the bathroom to vomit. 

Last night I timed Joey as he practiced getting his gas mask on. 6.5 seconds was his fastest time.  That's pretty good, and I'm sure he'll be grateful for his practice after he's had to endure the gas TWICE with no mask on at all.

He carried 2 gallons of whole milk out to his truck this morning.   Strange, right?  Well, turns out that's the best thing to ease the horrific pain after you've been maced in eyes.

(ugh.  I think I'm gonna vomit.)

Trust me, I'm ever so grateful for the training. I just wish it involved perfume and water instead of gas and mace.  Oh, and that MMA fight.

I've been praying all morning long.  And I don't see that stopping until my phone rings late this afternoon and I hear, "Honey, it's over.  And I survived!"



7 comments:

Jennifer said...

I don't remember my husband doing the gas but I do know he's been maced in the eyes and face 3 or 4 times. It is definitely intense and not fun. But milk does help! He can totally get through this!!!

Summer said...

Oh my gosh!!!! Crrrrrazy woman! I'd be a nervous wreck too!

Isabelle said...

I'm praying with you! He'll do great!!! He's one of the best MMA fighter in his class!!!

Lishak said...

Wow! That's intense! Good luck to him!

Annie said...

this sounds scary!! he will get through it hun!
i hope you get that call soon!!

Rachel said...

Thinking of Joey and YOU today! he will do great...hang in there girly!

Mighty M said...

Hope the milk does the trick! Keep us posted! :)

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict