Stephanie cooks: Salsa!

Thursday, February 11, 2010

I had a few people ask about my "best-in-the-world" salsa, so I thought I would post the recipe for you!

First, though, for anyone who's wondering, "hell day" was postponed to next Tuesday due to weather.  Most of the torture activities are outside, so since it's 38 degrees and raining, they decided to postpone.  Joey was really disappointed since he's anxious to get it over with.

Anyway, back to the salsa!  Here you go...

Steph's Salsa

What you need:
  • 1 box/bag of cherry (or grape) tomatoes
  • 1 bunch cilantro
  • 3 jalapenos (with seeds for more spice, without seeds for a milder flavor)
  • juice from 2 limes
  • 2 cans Rotel, juice drained (1 hot, 1 Mexican)
  • 1/2 white onion
  • 1 spoon minced garlic
  • salt and pepper to taste (I don't use pepper since Joey HATES it)
  • 1 spoonful of sugar

How you make it:
  1. Chop individual ingredients with food processor - more time for thinner salsa, less time for thicker, chunkier salsa.
  2. Mix together.
  3. Consume with tons of chips.

I know, I know.  I hate to give you such difficult directions, but it is what it is.

Enjoy!



4 comments:

meredith said...

i'm not a fan of salsa, but my bf is so i'm gonna have to try this out on him!! thanks!

Kelly said...

sounds delish! I'll have to try for our next get together :)

Juliana said...

Steph-even I could make that, which is pretty impressive! I have heard great things about your blog and we have a lot of bloggy friends in common!

I found you through Annies blog and I am your newest follower. I hope that you will pop on by to my blog and follow back if you would like. I love meeting new bloggy friends. Happy Valentine's Day! Juliana from A Blonde Walks Into A Blog

Annie said...

oh you are too cute!! cooking = salsa!! ;)
i love fresh salsa and this recipe sounds pretty simple!! i must try it soon!!

p.s. i am finally "officially" following you. i don't know why but i can't follow you by clicking follow but you are on my google reader so that makes it official!! :)

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict