anniversary weekend recap

Monday, February 22, 2010

Joey and I had a great weekend celebrating 11 wonderful years of marriage. Thanks to everyone for the anniversary wishes. You all are so sweet!

We started our weekend early, on Friday. Since Joey had to work Friday night, I took the day off and we went to a movie (Shutter Island - we enjoyed it... several twists!) and then to lunch at Cosi.

When we got home we were planning on taking a short nap, which of course means watching TV, but our TV and internet we not working. If you follow me on Twitter, you know by now that my dog chewed the cable wire in the back yard and I was without TV or internet for a staggering 5 hours.

I know, it's a wonder I'm still alive. But I did survive.  I survived to find that sweet dog a new home on Sunday afternoon.  But that's a different story for a different day.  Back to my anniversary...

Saturday morning we headed out to Fredericksburg, TX (a small town about an hour outside SA).  We were both starving, so just as we usually do, we went back and forth "what do you want to eat?" "I don't know, what do you want?" for 10 minutes until Joey blurted out "How about Cracker Barrel?"


I knew it was some sort of cruel joke.  And how could he??  On our anniversary??  But he swore it was no joke.  He loved me enough to eat at Cracker Barrel.  This is love.  (See, he hates eating home-cooked food not at home.  Plain and simple.  And I love Cracker Barrel.)

As if it wasn't astonishing enough that he had taken me to Cracker Barrel, there was a 30 minute wait.  And he was forced to walk around and look at all the "old lady treasures".  It was fun.


After Cracker Barrel, it was redemption time.  We drove to Fredericksburg, home of the Nimitz Museum (otherwise known as the National Museum of the Pacific War).


Joey loves history.  Especially WWII history.  Me?  Notsomuch.  But, he did take me to Cracker Barrel (and I had been planning the museum trip the whole time), so we spent the afternoon wandering the museum.



And by wandering, I do mean wandering.  When we were actually trying to leave the museum, we couldn't find the exit.  Well, at least the exit that wasn't marked EMERGENCY EXIT ONLY.  The problem was that all the signs to the other exhibits pointed in that direction, and it was the only door, AND I had just seen 4 people exit out of that door.  (Not to mention I really wanted to get outside.)  So I opened to door.

Oops.

Note to self:  If the door is marked EMERGENCY EXIT ONLY.  ALARM WILL SOUND. It's probably true.

Moving right along... after the museum we decided to rest our weary legs at a wine bar.  In case you're wondering, Fredericksburg grows the best peaches on the planet.  And they make the best wine with said peaches.  In case you're wondering.


After the wine, it was nappy time.  I'm sorry, but we need our sleep.  We headed back to the hotel and took a nice little nap then got ready for dinner.



We had such a great time, just being together.  I think it's so important to get away every once in a while.  Even though we have regular date nights, it's completely different when we have a chance to get out of town - even though it was only an hour out of town!

And I have to say thanks to my hubby for letting me post pics on my blog with his black eye.  I was so sad for the timing of all of this (and yes, just simply for his poor eye!) and worried that I wouldn't be able to blog about our anniversary.  But he was such a trooper and said he didn't care.  I love you baby!!



12 comments:

Lishak said...

That sounds like the perfect anniversary getaway. Each of you got to do something you really like. Marriage is all about compromise sometimes! :)

littledaisymay said...

Looks like y'all had a fun weekend!

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

Looks like you had a great weekend!

meredith said...

ahhh, i LOVE fredricksburg!!!! especially their circle e candles!! glad you and joey had a wonder weekend! xoxo

Mrs. Bear said...

Looks like you had a fabulous anniversary weekend!!! My hubs and I were on a hunt for a cracker barrel a few weeks ago and the closest one to us is now an hour away! GRR!

Mrs. Bear said...

Looks like you had a fabulous anniversary weekend!!! My hubs and I were on a hunt for a cracker barrel a few weeks ago and the closest one to us is now an hour away! GRR!

Sweet Simplicity said...

What a fun time! Happy Anniversary! You all do not look old enough to have been married 11 years. :)

Jennifer said...

girl don't play. we love us some cracker barrel!!!! glad ya'll had a great anniversary!!!!

Jenster said...

happy anniversary kiddo! you look very pretty in your pictures. glad you both a a great time in fred.

Melissa said...

I'm so glad your anniversary was wonderful! That wine bar sounds incredible!!

Summer said...

You guys are seriously the cutest!!!

Happy Anniversary sweets!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

aww what a great trip! Happy Anniversary!! all the pics are so cute! can you tell me about your hair?! and bangs... i did a post recently about getting a new cut soon and I'd love to hear your hair experience!;)

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict