Stephanie cooks: Breaded Tuscan Chicken

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

So I'm trying to get back into the routine of cooking actual meals.  The holidays really throw me off, I don't know about you...

Last night I made a recipe I found from Mrs. Jetplane.  It was so yummy!  This was actually my second time to make it.  I was planning on making Crispy Onion Pork Chops from Here's What's Cooking, but I forgot to get the crispy onions at the store.  Umm... seemed essential to the recipe so that will have to wait.

Anyway, on to last nights goodness!

Breaded Tuscan Chicken
(Note: I made a few alterations from Mrs. Jetplane's original recipe.  Click the link above to view the original.)

What you need:
  • chicken breasts (i used 4)
  • italian dressing
  • bread crumbs (your choice)
  • 1-2 roma tomatoes
  • shredded mozzarella

How to make it:
  1. Place raw chicken breasts in a large baggie and coat with italian dressing. Refrigerate and let marinade for 5-30 minutes.
  2. Remove chicken from bag and dip in bread crumbs to coat.  Place in greased baking dish.
  3. Bake at 425 degrees for 20 minutes.
  4. Remove dish from oven and top the chicken with sliced roma tomatoes and mozzarella cheese.
  5. Place back in the oven and cook until cheese is melted (approx. 5 minutes).

I served this with a yummy salad, avocado slices for the kiddos,  and "Here's What's Cooking" skillet potatoes - shared before HERE.

What are you cooking these days? Got a recipe you want to share?  I'm open!




6 comments:

Carri said...

Sounds yummy I will definitely be trying this soon. I too am aiming to cook daily homemade meals for my family in 2010. Cheack out my blog www.carribear0620.blogspot.com

Megan said...

Yummy! I have made this a couple of times and I love it!! And I LOVE the Here's What's cooking blog. Thanks for telling us about it!

mama's smitten said...

Sounds very good. Thinking about trying it tonight! Thanks for sharing.

Grand Pooba said...

Oh man, I am not cooking much these days despite the cooking classes I've been taking! I just don't have time after I get home from work to cook a meal. Plus it's hard to cook for only two people because the extra food is wasted (the hubster will not eat leftovers!)

Lishak said...

This sounds fantastic. I will definitely give it a try. Thanks for sharing!
By the way, I love your new layout. Gorgeous! :)

Tiffany Crawford said...

White Girl Calvasita

Half an onion
1 yellow squash
1 green squash
6-8 roma tomatoes, seeded.
1 can corn
fresh garlic
salt and pepper
Chicken broth
1lb or so of chicken

Boil chicken in chicken broth until cooked through.
While chicken is boiling, sautee diced onions and minced garlic in a little olive oil. When onions are clear, add chopped up squash. When squash is clear, add quartered tomatoes (make sure to squeeze all the juice and seeds out of tomatoes before adding to pan) Cook through. Add can of corn. Dice up cooked chicken and add to veggie mixture. Let simmer for a few minutes. Salt and pepper to taste.

Serve with tortillas. Sour Cream and Cheese on top make yummy. Can even make tacos. Good as leftovers, too!

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict