Looking back...

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

I'm not big on New Years Resolutions.  Never have been.  But I am big on reminiscing and looking back at what has happened in the past.  How we've changed, grown, what we've accomplished... it makes me thankful for everything that I have and what the Lord has entrusted me with.

So let's take a stroll, shall we?

In January of 2009, not much happened.  Joey had just started a new job that we were sure was the answer to our prayers.  One evening I found the kids actually playing together instead of almost killing each other.



I also made my Isabelle Resolution.

In February, my Izzy Resolution was holding strong, we went to the Rodeo and saw Taylor Swift in concert,
 


and Joey and I celebrated our 10th anniversary.  10 years... it's hard to believe.

 

Joey also lost his job at the end of February.  The job that we thought was the answer to our prayers turned out to be, well... not.

In March, Joey got a new job, but before he started, he did some major work at the house and cleaned out, organized, and painted the extra bedroom.  He also kicked my tail at the gym.  Still working on that Izzy Resolution!

April was quite a busy month. We buried a family pet, registered Taylor for kindergarten, celebrated Joey's 30th birthday, and Ashton got braces.  (Why I have no photos from April 2009, I'll never know. Sad.)

In May, I beat Joey at Rock, Paper, Scissors, I decided to take up running, Joey began the process of applying for the SAPD, I learned to shoot a gun,



Ashton had oral surgery to extract 5 teeth,



 and we celebrated Mother's Day.



In June, Taylor graduated from pre-k,


 
Ashton went to summer camp,



Joey hacked into my blog, we celebrated Father's Day,


 
Ashton got her ears pierced, and we spent time with the cousins who came to SA for vacation.



July was just as fun as June, since we celebrated my BFF's 30th birthday - 80's style!



We got a new puppy,


 
took a trip to Houston to visit my family and took the kids to the beach,



and I cut my bangs (these didn't last long).



In August, we went to Cowboys Training Camp,



 bought Guitar Hero,



celebrated my baby boy turning 6,



the kids started school (Taylor started Kindergarten!), and I cooked.

In September, I kept cooking, I celebrated my 32nd birthday,



Joey shaved his head and started the Police Academy.



October was a great month!  I threatened to move to Boston because the SA heat was killing me, I cooked A LOT, and Izzy came to visit!



While she was here, we ate yummy nachos, worked out, and carved pumpkins.



Oh, and we may have clogged the sink, too.



November brought several milestones for the kids.  Taylor lost his first tooth


 
and Ashton got glasses.



Oh, and let's not forget... Joey cooked lobster.



We also celebrated Thanksgiving with all of our family and watched the Cowboys win!

December was different this year.  It was all about "Love Jesus. Spend less. Give more."  I felt a little less stressed and a lot more love.  It was great!

My baby girl hit double digits and celebrated with a slumber party.



I had the big Christmas Party FAIL, the Cowboys upset the Saints, and then, of course, there was Christmas.

All in all, 2009 was a great year.  It was chock full of change, but it was good change, for the most part. I'm certainly looking forward to 2010 and the changes that it brings.


6 comments:

littledaisymay said...

What great pics :) Looks like you had a wonderful 2009!

christi said...

great photos and a cute round-up of the year!

Jo Ann said...

What a way to sum up the year! Great job. And it was fun remembering all those things we forgot! Happy 2010!

John Deere Mom said...

Great, great pics. Isn't it funny how you can go some months with no pictures and have picture overload on others?! I am looking forward to my 6 year old losing his first tooth. Very exiting!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

I love this, so fun to look back! I love all the pics, you look gorgeous (I wish I could sweep my bangs like yours, but I have a cowlick that hasn't allowed it thus far, and you look so good in that pink=)), and your family is adorable! Happy New Year!

Rachel said...

Months in a year with photos...love it! And amazing how you remembered what you did each month...I can't remember what we did last week LOL

Love this!!
Happy New Year my friend...all the best in 2010!

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict