I have a dream...

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

* Please note: This title is not related, nor meant to be disrespectful to MLK.  It's just a title.

I have a dream... of one day (in the not-too-distant future) taking a long weekend trip to New England with Joey.  I would love to see Boston in the Fall.  I've always wanted to go there.



I have a dream... of making great memories with my children.  I have such wonderful memories of my childhood and I want that so badly for my children.  We never took extravagant vacations, or had the latest and greatest toys, but looking back, I don't remember that ever meaning a thing to me.  What I remember is the fun times we spent at my Aunt and Uncles house in Houston, traveling to Amarillo to visit my Mama, Aunts, Uncles, and cousins, and vacationing to Six Flags in Dallas. I had a wonderful childhood and I want the same for my kids.

I have a dream... of one day moving into a great home, with a beautiful back yard, and fabulous porch where we can sit in the evenings and relax.  A house with a driveway that doesn't slant at a 225 degree angle.  A house where the master bedroom is secluded and not right off the living room.  Perhaps a house like this...



Ok, I realize that's a bit lofty.  That's actually one of the Dream Homes from the HGTV website. But hey, a girl can dream, right? (And don't get me wrong, I'm thankful for the home we've owned for almost 8 years now, but it's time.  Trust me.)

I have a dream... of taking a family vacation to Mexico.  The kids have been asking to go to Hawaii.  Yeah, spoiled much?  Well, I'm not really into Hawaii.  I've never been, but I just prefer the all-inclusive aspect of Mexico and since we've been so many times, the last few times we went, we both said we really thought it would be great to bring the kids.  They would love it!  And that would certainly create a memory, right?  A much cheaper memory than Hawaii, since I'm not made of money.  (And saving for that home above. LOL)




Do you have a dream?



8 comments:

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

I have lots of dreams. My most current one is escaping to a villa on the ocean and just spending months there.

angie said...

I find that I don't dream enough. I really, really enjoyed this post. And, I'm loving your new look!

Carri said...

I have a dream to be moved out of NY and in Florida by July 1st. I am working hard to achieve this dream and will not give up. Mexico sounds like a fun trip. I hope you and the family get there soon. Come check out my blog www.carribear0620.nlogspot.com

Summer said...

I have a dream for that house too. I recognized it right away...

One of these days I will win. I just HAVE to!!!

A Wedding Story said...

I love that HGTV house and always have! My dream is to become a singer, and I'm not kidding!!!! I sing lead in a praise band every Sunday and I would love to get paid to sing as a living!!!

Mrs. Bear said...

My number one dream right now is to get accepted into the baltimore city teaching program and have my own elementary school classroom by the Fall!

Then I want my hubs and I to win the lottery, buy a huge house, and have two little rugrats - one boy and one girl - who get their father's height and my freckles.

prashant said...

I'm loving your new look!

Work from home India

Chelsi said...

I love your dream. Mine is very much the same... Except, I'm missing a key element! Kiddos! :) Someday... then my dream house and dreamy vacations. By dreamy I mean everything from camping to Mexico! I have fabulous memories of my childhood of both types of vacations. Time together is the main point, right?

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict