Back to reality

Monday, January 4, 2010

This morning, reality slapped me in the face with my alarm clock.  UGH!  No more staying up late, sleeping in, only working 2 or 3 days a week...

NOPE!  It's back to the 5:45am wake up call, dragging kids out of bed, making lunches, fixing hair, hustling kids out the door so they don't miss the bus, TRAFFIC, and 5 day work weeks.

So let's look at the bright side, shall we?

Joey is starting week 15 today at the Academy, which means only 17 weeks to go!  He's still at the top of his class and loving every second of it.  I couldn't be more happy for him.  I'm definitely counting down the weeks to graduation!

We get all new episodes of my favorite shows, so that's great, right?

Taylor is halfway to being a 1st grader and Ashton is halfway to being a 5th grader.  Wait, that's not all that great...

It's about this time of year that I start to get to Spring fever.  I'm done with the cold and ready for Summer!  Tank tops, flip flops, weekends at the pool...

Oh, and let's not forget, the Cowboys are NFC East Champs, which makes January so much more fun!!

All in all, we had a 2009 that was full of change, and I'm excited for 2010.  This year will be full of change, too, but I'm up for it!

Happy New Year!


6 comments:

Tara Gibson said...

i hope you guys have a great 2010! it helps that the cowboys won last night huh! haha

Grand Pooba said...

I hear ya about the whole waking up early thing. I actually woke up on time, got out of bed, and then decided I wanted to sleep in so I went back to bed and sported a ponytail to work today.

I want to murder my alarm clock.

Polka Dots & Protein Bars said...

Such excitement for you guys! Yaaay!!!

Weeksie50 said...

Yay for new shows....
Boo Hiss for rising before 9 : )

Heather said...

Happy new year to you friend!! Many blessings to you in the new year!

John Deere Mom said...

I hear you on the reality. Early mornings...sleepy kids...getting back in the routine...UGH!

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict