I guess I should apologize for posting two recipes in a row, but seriously, this was so good, I just couldn't not post it. I originally heard about the recipe from Pink Sass, then headed on over to Our Best Bites (another fabulous recipe site, if you girls haven't found it yet) to get the scoop.
The only bad thing about this recipe is that it didn't leave any leftovers for my lunch today. It's a sad day for Stephy.
Stuffed Pizza Rolls
What you need:
- 1 roll refrigerated pizza dough
- 1 block mozzarella cheese (cut into 1/4" sized squares)
- pizza toppings of your choice (cut into bite size pieces)
- olive oil or melted butter
- grated Parmesan cheese
- garlic powder
- dried Italian seasoning
- marinara/pizza sauce (for dipping)
How to make it:
- Preheat oven to temperature specified by pizza dough (mine was 425 degrees).
- Roll out pizza dough onto lightly floured surface (approx. 12" by 8").
- Use a pizza cutter or knife to cut the dough into 24 squares.
- Place cut mozzarella and pizza toppings on each dough square (no sauce - the sauce is for dipping)
- Wrap the dough of each square around the toppings, pinching the edges so no toppings seep out.
- Place all dough balls onto a round, greased baking dish.
- Brush the tops with olive oil or butter, then lightly sprinkle with Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the tops are golden brown.
- Serve with warmed marinara or pizza sauce.
(Are you noticing my go-to salad that seems to appear in almost every picture? I make it when I need a quick side... spinach, cherry tomatoes, feta cheese, and Italian dressing. YUM!)