Happy birthday baby

Wednesday, December 9, 2009



Today, my baby girl hit double digits.

The big 1-0.

I woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't go back to sleep.  I started thinking of what I was doing at that time 10 years ago.  Laying in a hospital bed, getting a pitocin drip, about to ring my husbands neck for attempting to leave my side to go to McDonalds with some friends.  Sure, he hadn't had breakfast, but I was about to push our first born into the world.  He had no right to breakfast.

Ashton was the most perfect baby ever.  She was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen and I was so blessed to have her in my life.  Although it was not at all how Joey and I thought our first year of marriage would go, we wouldn't change it for the world.



Ashton, you have brought us more joy, more laughter, more sass, and more love than we ever knew was possible.  We love you more than life itself.

You change a little bit everyday.  And although it's hard for us to see you grow so fast, our prayer is that as you grow, you will not let the world change you, but you will change the world.

We love you more than all the stars in the heavens.

Love,
Mommy & Daddy

5 comments:

angie said...

Happy Birthday to your beauty!

blessedmomto8 said...

Happy Birthday Ashton! You gorgeous thang you!

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

awe, hope she has a great Birthday!

Staci said...

happy bday ashton, i still remember when i taught you to say my name. you were just a lil tot back then and my how time has flown!!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

awww Happy Birthday to your baby girl=) She is so cute! Hope she has a wonderful bday=)

and I love your new blog design!

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict