Christmas traditions

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

I've seen this around, so I'm joing in.  I LOVE Christmas!!

  1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I love wrapping paper, but I hate having to make all the pretty bows.  I'm no good at it. :(
  2. Real tree or artificial? artificial
  3. When do you put up the tree? The day after Thanksgiving.  No exceptions.  No earlier, no later.  I'm pretty hard core about my decor.
  4. When do you take the tree down? The day after Christmas. No exceptions.  No earlier (well, of course), no later.  I'm pretty hard core about my decor.
  5. Do you like eggnog? Never had it, so I'm not sure.
  6. Favorite gift received as a child? The gift that always comes to mind is the keyboard that Santa brought one year.  I LOVED it!!
  7. Hardest person to buy for? Hmmm....
  8. Easiest person to buy for? the kids
  9. Do you have a nativity scene? No
  10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail.  I love to mail out Christmas cards and I love to get them as well.  It one of my favorite things about the holidays
  11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? No comment.
  12. Favorite Christmas Movie? National Lampoons Christmas Vacation ("I pledge allegiance to the flag..."  I seriously almost dies when I first saw this!!)
  13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Way too late.
  14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No.
  15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Memaw's stuffing, sausage balls, tamales, Christmas cookies, buttermilk pie... I could go on, but it's just making me hungry.
  16. Lights on the tree? Of course.  All white.
  17. Favorite Christmas song? Oh Holy Night.
  18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Nope. All of our immediate family is here so we house hop.  Sometimes it feels like we've traveled though. LOL
  19. Can you name all of Santas' reindeer? Of course!  Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Doner, Blitzen, Rudolph.
  20. Angel on the tree top or a star? A bow.
  21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Both.  Christmas Eve is with my family and Christmas Day is with Joey's mom and grandparents.  We also get a bonus in there somewhere with Joey's dad :)
  22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? The commercialization and the stress of buying presents for people who have everything they need (including me!).  Love. Jesus. Spend less. Give more.
  23. Favorite ornament, theme, or color? I always wanted to have a really pretty tree with a theme, but my favorite ornaments are the ones my children have made.  I love pulling them out every year and seeing how much they've changed over the years.
  24. Favorite for Christmas Dinner? We used to always eat out with my family on Christmas Eve, but now with all the grand kids, we just go to my parents and have lots of finger foods.  I LOVE IT!  On Christmas Day, we have the standard - turkey, dressing, and everything that goes with it - Memaw style.  YUM!
  25. What do you want to do for Christmas this year? Love Jesus. Spend less. Give more.
  26. Favorite Christmas tradition growing up? My brother and I would usually sleep in the same room when we smaller.  I can always remember not being able to go to sleep and then waking up at the crack of dawn and we would sneak out to the living room to see what Santa had delivered.
  27. Favorite tradition now? We don't really have any traditions.  Kind of sad, I guess...
  28. Favorite Christmas Memory? We always used to drive around with my family and look at Christmas lights after dinner, but before we back to the house to open gifts.  I love looking at Christmas lights...
I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas!  And remember...

Love Jesus. Spend less. Give more.


1 comment:

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Love reading lists and question posts like this one :o)

Hope your Christmas was a very blessed one!
Mele Kalikimaka & Hau'oli Makahiki Hou! (Hawaiian for Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!)

Blessings & Aloha!

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict