The power of prayer.

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Do you believe in the power of prayer?  I do.

It seems like God is giving me multiple reasons to pray these days, so what do I do?  I have a Post-It note on my computer screen that I've written down several things that I'm praying for at the moment.

For example, right now, one of my all-consuming thoughts is Joey's health during the Academy.  He has bad knees from high school football, strained his hamstring in the Academy (which is thankfully healed), and injured his elbow during grappling at the Academy.  At any point, if he is unable to participate in PT, they can release him.  (There are currently 4 people in his class who are "on the bubble.") His academics is not on my mind as much, since he has a 95 average (YAY!), but I still pray.  I have his name written down and every time I see that bright yellow Post-It, I say a prayer.

I have a friend who has been out of work for some time now, but she has a job interview tomorrow.  It's written down.

My best friend is currently in the hospital and scheduled for surgery to remove her gallbladder this evening.  It's written down.

There's a Navy pilot that is still missing off the coast of Texas. There are search parties currently searching, hoping and praying that he will be found alive.  I don't know him, but when I came across the story I was compelled to pray.  So it's written down.

I have several other things on my list that I won't share, but I think you get the point.  The Bible says to "pray continually" (1 Thes. 5:17), so I'm trying to do that.  With the help of my Post-It note.



5 comments:

Jennifer said...

That's a wonderful idea!

Grand Pooba said...

To be honest, I'm not sure I believe in the power of prayer. I used to when I was younger but I believed a lot of things then. Maybe I need a post-it note to get me trying again.

Tara Gibson said...

the power of prayer is amazing!!!

Aubrey said...

I totally do the same thing. I have the prayer requests of the women in my BSF group on a post-it in my car. That way when I glance over and see it, I start praying for those women.

Prayer is powerful!

Staci said...

thanks for your prayers, i couldnt have gotten through it without them!! and thanks for not visiting me!! i love that you know me so well!! ;)

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict