The downside...

Monday, November 9, 2009

I've never had any issues with blogging.

I mean, I've heard of people having their content plagiarized, pictures stolen, and then there are people who just all of the sudden take their blog private.  Which I assume means they've had some sort of "thing" happen.

Even after hearing about all of it, I've never worried.  I'm just one of those people who chooses not to live in fear.  I think if someone is going to do something, they'll find a way no matter what I do.  Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not intentionally stupid about the way I live my life, but I don't believe Jesus has called us to live in fear.  I believe we are supposed to give people the benefit of the doubt and trust Jesus along the way.

So that's what I try to do.

But sometimes I get fed up with the world.  I don't understand why people don't have the same point of view as I do and I don't understand why people would take something that doesn't belong to them.

Like pictures from someone's blog.  Why would you insist on portraying yourself as someone you're not?  I just don't get it.

So, what do you do?  Do you take your blog private?  Do you stop blogging altogether?  Do you start watermarking all your pictures?

I don't blog for comments.  But I'll admit, if no one reads my blog, then really, what's the purpose in having it?  It's extremely frustrating, though, to know that I have to think before I post anything.


Why can't we all just get along?  That's my motto, but not everyone seems to buy in.



7 comments:

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

I couldn't agree more. I have read a few blogs that blog under a different name and never show their face. I don't want to hide under someone or something else and also blog for the joy of sharing my life!

Keep doing what you're doing!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

I'm sorry if something happened! I don't understand why anyone would do any of that either. It's crazy! Keep blogging girl, love reading and think you're fab=)!

Carri said...

I agree completely. I too refuse to make my blog private but I dont have nearly as many followers as many of the other bloggers. I used real names and such but then I thought hmmm maybe I should nickname my kids. It gets tiresome. Like you said if someone is going to do bad they will do it all on their own. Keep up the blogging and living your life. You have good values and hopefully most of your readers are the same.

Mighty M said...

It is something I think about a lot too. The politics of blogging get really annoying.

Jennifer said...

I struggle with it all too sometimes, because there are always a select few that are crappy. But just remember, it's just a SELECT FEW. You could be inspiring so many others for the good of His glory! You never know girl.

Isabelle said...

I'm with Jennifer on that one! You can't have just a few people dictate how you will act!

Oh and if they use your pic can you blam them you're hot!!!

Grand Pooba said...

I feel the same way as you about blogging, it's my husband who is the paranoid one.

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict