Weekend recap: Day 1

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

I'm a bit sad today because I dropped Izzy off at the airport this morning.  We had so much fun this weekend, so to keep me from getting depressed, I thought I would relive the weekend in pictures.

Wanna tag along?  Of course you do!

I picked Izzy up at the airport on Friday afternoon.  We had never met in person, only on our blogs and through my business, but we both felt like we had known each other forever.  When I pulled up at the airport I knew it was her because she immediately started jumping up and down.  And I knew I loved her! LOL

We (we'll she) loaded up her 100 lb. suitcase (and I'm not sure that I'm really exaggerating all that much) and headed to get the kids from school.  They were so excited to meet Izzy.  Ashton knew Izzy was a fitness model and competitor, but she was also convinced that she was a TV/movie star(no matter how many times I told her otherwise), so she couldn't wait to see her pictures in magazines.  I had warned Izzy ahead of time, so she was prepared with previous magazine shoots that she had done to show Ashton.



After the "show and tell" with Izzy's pics, she had some gifts for the kids.  She's honestly one of the nicest people I've ever met.  And the kids adore her!



 

The winter Olympics will be in Canada in 2010, so she thought these would be nice gifts.  And the kids have worn them everyday since they got them.  (Actually, I'm not sure Taylor has taken his off at all!)


Although Izzy's fitness lifestyle requires her to maintain a fairly strict diet (and "requires" is not really the right word, it's her lifestyle, and she enjoys it - it's just who she is), she was definitely prepared to have a few cheat meals during her visit to Texas!  So we took her to have her first brisket sandwich!




She was pretty excited...  They don't have brisket in Canada.  LOL



 

 

After we gorged our selves on Texas BBQ, we headed back to the house where Taylor wanted to initiate her into the world of the Wii - Guitar Hero.



She obliged, of course, and had fun!  She loves kids and Ashton and Taylor absolutely adored her.  Just wait until you see what I woke up to on Saturday.  :)



7 comments:

rootsandrings said...

Meeting blog friends is the best!! I hope you made her eat queso! Canadians definitely don't know about good queso!

Lindsey said...

Aw that is awesome that you guys got to meet! Love the pics, looks like a blast!!

Megan said...

So fuN! I love meeting blog friends!

Sweet Simplicity said...

What a fun weekend! She seems so sweet!

Isabelle said...

No only did I try Queso, I had about 5 pounds of it!!!!!

Stephanie and her family are just the most amazing people! I blogged about it today. Oh and Steph, great mind think alike cause I'm spreading the joy on a few days as well lol.

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

aww so sweet! that sounded like such a fun visit!! so glad you girls got to meet and have such a great time=)!

Jo Ann said...

Glad you had such a good time! It's fun to show off your city! Maybe ya'll can make the trip to Canada and visit her!

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict