Stephanie cooks: Stuffed Pizza Rolls

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Two words for you - YUM.MY.

I guess I should apologize for posting two recipes in a row, but seriously, this was so good, I just couldn't not post it.  I originally heard about the recipe from Pink Sass, then headed on over to Our Best Bites (another fabulous recipe site, if you girls haven't found it yet) to get the scoop.

The only bad thing about this recipe is that it didn't leave any leftovers for my lunch today.  It's a sad day for Stephy.

Stuffed Pizza Rolls

What you need:

  • 1 roll refrigerated pizza dough
  • 1 block mozzarella cheese (cut into 1/4" sized squares)
  • pizza toppings of your choice (cut into bite size pieces)
  • olive oil or melted butter
  • grated Parmesan cheese
  • garlic powder
  • dried Italian seasoning
  • marinara/pizza sauce (for dipping)

How to make it:

  1. Preheat oven to temperature specified by pizza dough (mine was 425 degrees).
  2. Roll out pizza dough onto lightly floured surface (approx. 12" by 8").
  3. Use a pizza cutter or knife to cut the dough into 24 squares.
  4. Place cut mozzarella and pizza toppings on each dough square (no sauce - the sauce is for dipping)
  5. Wrap the dough of each square around the toppings, pinching the edges so no toppings seep out.
  6. Place all dough balls onto a round, greased baking dish.
  7. Brush the tops with olive oil or butter, then lightly sprinkle with Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and parmesan cheese.
  8. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the tops are golden brown.
  9. Serve with warmed marinara or pizza sauce.


(Are you noticing my go-to salad that seems to appear in almost every picture?  I make it when I need a quick side... spinach, cherry tomatoes, feta cheese, and Italian dressing.  YUM!)



8 comments:

rootsandrings said...

Sounds yum! I love anything pizza related. And cheese related. And melted butter related.

In sum, it sounds like a winner!

Jennifer said...

Girl, you are a GREAT cook!! You post the yummiest recipes. :)

Megan said...

Yeah those look super yummy, I am going to have to try them. Of course it will have to be next month when I can actually go buy food! :-)

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

Soo yummy!!! I need to try this, and I also have a "go to" salad that does wonders!

Polka Dots & Protein Bars said...

YUMMMM! These are officially on my menu next week.

Grand Pooba said...

Mmmm, interesting! This is the second time today someone has mentioned Our Best Bites so I better go check it out!

Jill said...

OH YUM... these look great! I'll have to try this recipe.

Kristin said...

Oh heck yeah...Those sound amazing!

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict