Stephanie cooks: Crunchy Onion Chicken & Skillet Potatoes

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Oh my goodness.  Please tell me that you guys have checked out the new blog I mentioned a week or so back, Here's What's Cooking.  If you haven't, do yourself a favor and click on over.  Pick any of the recipes and make one for din-din tonight.  You won't be sorry!

I made Crunchy Onion Chicken and Skillet Potatoes last night and let me tell you... it was heaven in my mouth.  Seriously!  You can get the recipe HERE, or, because I love y'all, I'll post it right here for you as well.


Crunchy Onion Chicken

What you need:

  • 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
  • 3 cups French's French Fried Onions
  • 3 tablespoons flour
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • salt and pepper

How to make it:

  1. Crush onions and flour together in zip lock bag
  2. Pound chicken breasts with meat mallet between 2 pieces of Saran Wrap
  3. Dip chicken into egg mixture, then sprinkle with salt and pepper
  4. Dredge chicken in crushed onions
  5. Place on baking pan and bake 400 degrees for 30 minutes, or until cooked through


Skillet Potatoes

What you need:

  • 4-5 medium potatoes
  • 2 T. butter
  • 3/4 c. milk
  • 3/4 c. shredded cheese (Colby Jack or cheddar)
  • 1 tsp. garlic powder
  • salt  & pepper

How to make it:

  1. Scrub potatoes with veggie brush until clean, then cut into cubes or thick slices (I peeled them b/c the kids don't like the skin)
  2. Melt butter in skillet over medium high heat. 
  3. Add potatoes and seasonings.  Brown potatoes in butter, stirring often.
  4. When potatoes are browned, pour milk over top.
  5. Lower heat to simmer. Cover and simmer until potatoes are tender (approx. 15-20 min.)
  6. Sprinkle cheese over top and allow to melt.





7 comments:

Mighty M said...

Sounds so good - and easy too! I like! ;-)

Lauren said...

That chicken sounds delicious!

Haley said...

yum yum yum! i am going to try this!

Amy said...

I'm sooooooooooooo hungry now.
Dang.

The Shabby Princess said...

YUM!!!!

Jenster said...

oh my goodness Steph, that looks sooooo good!!!!!! you made my mouth water.
Hope all is well.

Lovely In Pink said...

Oh my yummy! This sounds soooooo good. I'll definitely visit that blog now, thanks!

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict