This stuff is so good. And I'm convinced that there is now more Fall-like weather in San Antonio simply because I cooked this last weekend. Just something about pumpkin-smelling anything, right? YUM!
Please note: I can not be held responsible for any addictions or weight gain that may occur from the making of this recipe. You've been warned.
Pumpkin Bread (recipe from my good friend, Kelly)
What you need:
- 3 1/4 cups flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 can 100% pure pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 2/3 cup water
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups chocolate chips
How to make it:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 2 large loaf pans or approx. 7 mini loaf pans.
- Mix dry ingredients (except chocolate chips) in large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix pumpkin, water, eggs, and oil. Add to dry ingredients.
- Add chocolate chips. (I usually make half with and half without, so I'll pour the "without" into a pan, then add only 1 cup chocolate chips, stir, then pour in the remaining pan(s).)
- Bake 45-60 min.
I know that chocolate and pumpkin may throw some of you for a loop. It did me... until I tasted it. It is so good! I make half without because Taylor doesn't like chocolate, but he devours the non-chocolate loaf!
Let me know if any of you try this and how it turns out.