Stephanie cooks: Pumpkin Bread

Thursday, September 17, 2009

OH. MY. GOODNESS.

This stuff is so good. And I'm convinced that there is now more Fall-like weather in San Antonio simply because I cooked this last weekend. Just something about pumpkin-smelling anything, right? YUM!

Please note:  I can not be held responsible for any addictions or weight gain that may occur from the making of this recipe.  You've been warned.

Pumpkin Bread (recipe from my good friend, Kelly)

What you need:
  • 3 1/4 cups flour
  • 2 tsp. baking soda
  • 1 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1 tsp. nutmeg
  • 1 tsp. cinnamon
  • 3 cups sugar
  • 1 can 100% pure pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
  • 2/3 cup water
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 cup vegetable oil
  • 2 cups chocolate chips

How to make it:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Grease 2 large loaf pans or approx. 7 mini loaf pans.
  3. Mix dry ingredients (except chocolate chips) in large bowl.
  4. In a separate bowl, mix pumpkin, water, eggs, and oil. Add to dry ingredients.
  5. Add chocolate chips. (I usually make half with and half without, so I'll pour the "without" into a pan, then add only 1 cup chocolate chips, stir, then pour in the remaining pan(s).)
  6. Bake 45-60 min.

I know that chocolate and pumpkin may throw some of you for a loop. It did me... until I tasted it. It is so good! I make half without because Taylor doesn't like chocolate, but he devours the non-chocolate loaf!

Let me know if any of you try this and how it turns out.


7 comments:

Tara Gibson said...

I LOOOOOOVE pumpkin bread! I made some the other day but out of a box haha

Lizzy said...

I love pumpkin bread, the only problem is my husband hates anything pumpkin so I eat the whole loaf..yikes!
~Lizzy

Lizzy said...

I love pumpkin bread, the only problem is my husband hates anything pumpkin so I eat the whole loaf..yikes!
~Lizzy

Jennifer said...

My grandmother always makes this at Thanksgiving and it's my favorite!

rootsandrings said...

Pumpkin bread was sent to earth straight from Heaven. Of this I am certain!

I warm mine up and slather it with butter. I'm salivating just thinking about it!

Jo Ann said...

Oh my gosh, my little girl is cooking! Regularly! And making some really good stuff... I'm impressed if I say so myself!
Love,
Mom

Heather said...

girl this sounds so good!! I am going to make this soon!!

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict