Stephanie cooks: Porcupine Meatballs

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Need a quick easy main course? That's what I always look for in a recipe. If I can't read the ingredients, or don't know what they are, I don't even give it a second look.

Last week I made this for the family. The kids loved it, Joey loved it, I loved it! It was a hit, all the way around.


Porcupine Meatballs

What you need:
  • 1 lb. ground turkey (or beef, if you prefer)
  • 1 cup instant rice
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 tsp. pepper
  • 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
  • 1/2 tsp. onion powder
  • your favorite BBQ sauce
How to make it:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Mix all ingredients except BBQ sauce in large bowl.
  3. Create meatballs approx. 1-2 inches in diameter and place meatballs in greased baking dish.
  4. Cook for 20 min.
  5. Turn meatballs and top with plenty of BBQ sauce and continue cooking for 5-10 minutes.



9 comments:

Jennifer said...

I made some very similar to those a couple weeks ago and they were sooo easy. Love easy!

rootsandrings said...

Yes please!

Another blog friend of mine uses frozen meatballs and bakes them with BBQ sauce poured on top. Then she serves it over rice. Similar, but less homemade. But, hey, sometimes you need a less homemade option!

theluckiestmrs said...

These look so good! You've got me wondering...how'd they get the name "porcupine?"

John Deere Mom said...

Oh, it pains me to come here with all the COWBOY business! :) But I do! Because I love ya! ;)

Christina said...

I love porcupine meatballs! I'm gonna try your recipe. I think they call them that b/c the white rice speckled throughout & sticking out of the meatballs here and there kind of make them look like a porcupine.

The Rest is Still Unwritten said...

Hmm...that sounds easy enough that I might be able to pull it off!

Simply Me said...

that looks awesome- will have to try that!!
new follower to your blog too :)

Grand Pooba said...

I'm the same way, if there are WAY too many ingredients, or ingredients I can't read, I won't even look at it.

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

oh I am so going to have to make these!!

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict