My own personal terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.

Thursday, September 3, 2009

It all started last night when this little guy, cute as he may be...

... after several chances to make the right choice, unfortunately broke my heart and chose to be grounded tonight. That did not make for a good remainder of the evening.

And unfortunately, again, said cutie pie woke up in just as bad of a mood as he went to bed in and this morning was no better, resulting in another broken heart by Momma from more poor choices by this guy.

Please tell me I'm not the only Momma out there who goes in the bathroom and cries when she has to discipline her children?

Anyway, back to my terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.

The dog (Layla) woke me up with her endless barking.

My hair looks horrible.

My outfit is bad.

I didn't have time to eat breakfast.

I have to work through lunch (and have no work to do).

I hate, absolutely hate, the fact that my baby will be spending the evening in his room instead of playing outside with his friends and this will, inturn, make me sad the entire day. (I do, however, take some comfort in knowing that it is absolutely necessary for him to learn the consequences of his actions and would rather that I be sad than to have him grow up without learning this valuable lesson. *sigh*)

I wish I had stayed in bed.

Here's hoping tomorrow will be better.



9 comments:

Sweet Simplicity said...

I hope your day gets better! I don't have kids yet, but I'm sure it is no fun to be the bad guy!

Tara Gibson said...

my mom was the same way! I am sure i will be too! hang in there girl!

Megan said...

I'm sorry! I know that has got to be hard!

Isabelle said...

Aww Steph! I will pray for you and your little man tonight! I'm sorry you're having a bad day. And no you're not the only mom who does that, my mom ywould cry right outside our bedroom door. I know now how much she had to love me to do what she did and your boy will too.

Mrs. Buck said...

I'm so sorry to hear that your day is going so poorly. Hopefully after another nights sleep he'll be able to shake off the 'tude and you can get back to the fun parts of being a mom!

Staci said...

OMG you WOULD make your blog a giant football field.....its cute!! good job!

Aubrey said...

You are a great mom! Don't forget that. Knowing you, your hair probably didn't look as bad as you thought and I'm sure your outfit is cute too. Don't be so hard on yourself. No breakfast does stink though!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

oh that is so hard! especially on top of a bad hair, outfit, and no breakfast day! (I bet you looked cute anyway=)) whoa Mama! I hope you both have a great day tomorrow and he learns from the lesson! Hope you guys have a great weekend!

Jill said...

You sound like such a great mom. So many people don't ground their kids these days b/c they don't want to deal with it. I'm sure it's really hard; I can't imagine.

Thanks for the nice comment about my bedroom. I'm sure your house is beautiful. Yes, I'll come over and help you if you ever want to re-do your bedroom. :)

I'm going to Oak Hills Church. Where do y'all go? There are so many great churches in SA.

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict