MHR Friday

Friday, September 25, 2009



Monday evening I went with Joey to the Academy orientation.  Let me set the stage: We walked in to a completely quiet room halfway full of extremely nervous, well dressed men and women.  At exactly 10 seconds before 6pm, 4 high ranking police officers entered the room.  At exactly 6 o'clock, they began their very strict presentation, only stopping to reprimand the 3 people the walked in late - 3 separate times.

I thought I was going to wet to pants.  Those poor people!

When the orientation was over, I needed a stiff drink.  I was a nervous wreck!  Joey, on the other hand, was pumped out of his mind!  He loved every second of it.

And I love him.  Every bit of him.  Even though there's a little bit less of him now.



He's spent the entire week getting his uniforms ready, purchasing all of his gear, and getting prepared for Monday. It's going to be seriously intense, but he's as ready as he can be.

And I'm so proud of him.

Joey, I love you more than you'll ever know.  Good luck, and never forget how you got here.  When times get tough - which they will - God will sustain you.

I love you baby!
~Steph




8 comments:

Tara Gibson said...

wow that does sound intense!!!

Lindsey said...

You are the sweetest wife and I just love how supportive you are! Very inspiring!!

BrnEyedGal said...

WOW..how amazing and yes, very inspiring too!
Have a wonderful day... :)

Katy Lin said...

that is a lot less hair, lol :) hope you guys have a great weekend!

Mighty M said...

The hair looks good! I know he will do GREAT at the academy!!

Joey said...

thanks baby! I love you soooo much! you are my rock!

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

I love that he comments on your blog -- ya'll sound amazing together!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

wow, it does sound intense, I hope he has a great time training! you are so sweet!

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict