MHR Friday: The secret revealed.

Friday, September 18, 2009



I've been hinting for months that there was something big going on in the Gorena household.  Today, I can finally let you all in on the secret.  A week from Monday, Joey will be making a significant career change.  He starts the police academy and in 8 months, he'll be wearing this:



This is something that he has wanted to do for a long time, but unfortunately, it just wasn't the right time until now.  I've said it before, and I'll say it again, Joey is one of the hardest workers I know.  For the last 10 years, he's done everything he could do to provide for our family - including placing his dreams on hold. 

About 6 months ago, he approached me with this dream.  After I bawled like a baby in the middle of a restaurant, I began to pray.  God answered my prayers by giving me peace that only He could give. This has been an extremely long, difficult process and we have covered it in prayer.  (My prayer?  "God, if this is not Your will, please close the door.  If this is Your will, please make the process go smoothly.")  It has been absolutely amazing to see God work out every last detail.  There is no doubt in my mind that this is exactly where God wants us.

I've never seen Joey more excited or passionate about anything (other than me, of course).  I'm so proud of everything he's accomplished in the last 6 months and can not wait to see everything that God does through him.

Baby, keep following your dream.  You know you have my support and prayers always.  I love you more than anything and I'm so happy to be on this journey with you.



14 comments:

Heather said...

wow, congrats to your hubby!! I will be praying for a smooth transition!!

Sweet Simplicity said...

Congrats to Joey! That is exciting!

Jennifer said...

Your support for him will mean more than you EVER know. That career is a special one, and it takes a special person to do it and a special spouse to support it. Every police officer needs his family's support each day when he walks out that door. It helps keep them safe! So proud of you for returning the support for him. And I'll be praying that everything turns out wonderful!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

Congrats to Hubby, that is so exciting!!

Jenster said...

Wow. This is about all I can say. That's amazing...just amazing. You're going to be a cop's wife...how cool is that. I mean, kudos to Joey for following a dream too. I'll bet your kiddos are extra proud too!

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

Congrats to your hubby...scary, but SO exciting to be doing something he loves.

Mighty M said...

How exciting!! My brother in law is a police officer in Portland and he loves it. Congrats!! ;-)

Polka Dots & Protein Bars said...

Thanks for the pumpkin bread recipe yesterday (I would have posted it there, but wanted to make sure you saw it!). And yayayayay for Hubs!

Patience said...

I am a recent follower of your blog. My fiance was laid off from his job in February and he too has always wanted to be a police officer. He is currently in the academy and I am so proud of him for following his dream. Love your blog.

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

I will be praying too for your little family!! Yay for him following his dreams and you being supportive along the way!

Lindsay said...

very fun blog!

MamaMia said...

Isn't God good?! So glad you gave that up to Him and that He's made it clear to you. Congrats to you all and many continued blessings!

Tiffany Crawford said...

My prayers are with you---I'm married to a Police Officer, so I understand the fears--I promise, one day, he'll be sitting on the couch putting together his bullet proof vest and you won't even think twice about it ---happens to me all the time!!! :) HOWEVER--as his wife, your prayers are the most important thing he needs from you...cover him cover him cover him!

Lishak said...

Whoo hoo! Congrats to your hubby for knowing what he wants to do and taking the steps to do it!
I pray everything goes smoothly for you both. :)

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict