MHR Friday (and other important news)

Friday, September 4, 2009

First of all, I feel the need to point out that my husband rocks every week, even when I don't make a formal post out of it. Sometimes he gets his feelings hurt (because he's sensitive, remember?) when I don't tell the world wide web about how much he rocks, so for that, I must apologize.

Now, on to why he rocks at this immediate moment: As you may know from yesterdays post, my hair has been sucking like a vacuum lately. I thought it was the change in weather, or the fact that my birthday is coming, so things are bound to begin to fail me, or maybe my hair has just loved me for too long and now it's just simply had enough.

So as I was cursing the hair gods in my head this morning (and some out loud), Joey walked into the bathroom with a wealth of knowledge that if I had even one brain cell in my tiny little head, I'm sure I could have come up with on my own.

What was this knowledge, you ask? Are you sitting down? It's good....

"You changed your shampoo, babe. Maybe that's it."

It was as if a million light bulbs turned on in my head all at once. This, my friends, is why God created marriage. When I am dumb, my sweet husband is brilliant. (And no, I'm not being sarcastic. I'm totally serious!) Why had I not thought of such a simple solution to the hideous mop that has been adorning my head?

I thought of calling in sick to work so I could go to the store, buy my trusty shampoo that has never failed me, re-wash my hair, and start fresh, but I didn't. After all, it's Friday and there's no one at work so I'll just pull my hair into a ponytail (right, Megan?).

Oh how I love my hubby. Thanks, babe, for solving my hair trouble.

**********************************

Now, in other news, I tasted the Pumpkin Spice Latte this morning and my mouth (and hips and butt) will never be the same.

I don't like pumpkin pie, so don't judge that it's taken me this long.

Oh Starbucks, why do you do this to me?


5 comments:

Isabelle said...

I saw your new design and threw up a bit in my mind!!! Not sure about sending some business your way now lol I kid I kid you and Stace are the best and I'll email you soon.

On my bad hair day check list is always, did I use the same shampoo and was the water different! Thank God you and Joey make such a great team

Megan said...

Hah! Love the new layout, not sure if my hubby would though! :-)
My hair is totally in a ponytail today!

Grand Pooba said...

Oh I live for my pumpkin spice lattes! I had one yesterday!

Love the blog woman! Tis the season!

Joey said...

ok, nice blog design, I already said that, but now I say it publicly. Glad I could help you out, I didn't know it had such a big impact on you! I love you! (btw, add pumkin spice latte to the list of things I've told you about, because I KNOW I told about these before!) don't say I didn't!

♥Karm said...

my sister had the pumpkin spice latte... i didn't try it because I was chewing a really minty gum... but it smelled soooo good. I LOVE YOUR BLOG LAYOUT BTW! =]

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict