It's D-Day

Monday, September 28, 2009

Normally, I would not get up at 5:30 am on my birthday, but today is clearly one of the most important days in Joey's life, so I did what any loving, extremely proud wife would do... got up ridiculously early and made him a yummy breakfast!  After all, I couldn't send him off to a minimum of 4 hours of straight PT without breakfast, right?



BTW, in case you've forgotten his name, it will forever be on the front (and back) of his shirt.  And has anyone seen my hubby's hair?  I can't seem to find it...

After breakfast, it was time to get dressed.  He had all of stuff packed and ready to go, so once he was dressed, it was time for all the good-byes, good-lucks "I love you's".


(picture removed)
 


(picture removed)


Time to go... certainly don't want to be late!!


(picture removed)


Is that my husband?  Really?

Funny story... When we walked Joey to the truck, Taylor said, "Daddy, you know what's not fair? When we went to dinner with Mawmaw and Pawpaw there were two cops there and they had hair! But you're not allowed to have hair!  That's not fair!!"  Joey assured him that when he graduates, he'll be growing his precious hair back.

And for those of you who may be counting, I only teared up slightly as he pulled out of the driveway, and only once or twice as I typed this post.

I'm praying for you baby.  I know you're doing great... and enjoying every minute most of it!



8 comments:

Isabelle said...

Awwww how sweet of you! I don't know who it's harder for, you or him???

BTW is it just me or is Joey's bfast in a kid's plate???

Be strong, he will be back!

Jennifer said...

Happy Birthday!!! hahaha

And I love being married to a man in uniform! :)

Sweet Simplicity said...

Happy Birthday lady!!! Good luck to Joey!

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

awe, that is sweet of you!

rootsandrings said...

Awesome! Congrats to your husband.

Happy birthday! Go out to dinner to celebrate!!

blessedmomto7 said...

OMG, I thought he was ENTERING PRISON with that GET UP on! LOL He's on the good side! Way to go Joey!

Mighty M said...

Happy Birthday - I hope you both have a GREAT day! ;-)

Polka Dots & Protein Bars said...

You are pretty much the most amazing wife ever. So excited for Joey!

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict