How He Loves

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Most everyone knows that I'm a child of God.  Those that know me personally also know that I'm a singer.  When you put these two things together, you get a girl who loves to worship God through music.

Music speaks to me, moves me, changes me.

Over the past few months, it's been clear that God was working.  Last week at church, our pastor talked about how God is in control.  He asked the question several times, "Who is in control of your life?"  He spoke about the destiny that God has created for each one us, even before we were born.  He reminded us that when we allow God to be in control (because we know that God gives us the choice), this destiny that he has predetermined for each one of us, can't be thwarted.

I can't tell you how amazing it is to see God working all around me, for my own benefit.  I see God working frequently, but you know how sometimes you see it more when He's doing something in someone else, rather than in yourself?  Over the past few months, God's love has been right in front of me.  He's been working on my behalf and on Joey's behalf to fulfill His plan in our lives.

Answered prayer after answered prayer.  Blessing after blessing.

As I said before, music moves me.  The song that seems to have been the underscore to all of these answered prayers and blessings is a song by David Crowder called "How He Loves".  I can't get a way from it.  I heard it live on the radio just this morning.  I think God is trying to tell me something...

Google it.  Listen to it.  I don't think there is any better song that describes just how much God loves us.

How He Loves
He is jealous for me,
Loves like a hurricane, I am a tree,
Bending beneath the weight of his wind and mercy.
When all of a sudden,
I am unaware of these afflictions eclipsed by glory,
And I realize just how beautiful You are,
And how great Your affections are for me.

And oh, how He loves us so,
Oh how He loves us,
How He loves us all

He loves us,
Oh how He loves us,
Oh how He loves us,
Oh how He loves.
Yeah, He loves us,
Oh how He loves us,
Oh how He loves us,
Oh how He loves.

We are His portion and He is our prize,
Drawn to redemption by the grace in His eyes,
If grace is an ocean, we’re all sinking.
So Heaven meets earth like an unforeseen kiss,
And my heart turns violently inside of my chest,
I don’t have time to maintain these regrets,
When I think about, the way…

He loves us,
Oh how He loves us,
Oh how He loves us,
Oh how He loves.
Yeah, He loves us,
Oh how He loves us,
Oh how He loves us,
Oh how He loves.

Do you get it?  I sure hope so.


7 comments:

rootsandrings said...

David Crowder rocks my world. I also love Christian music but sometimes it's too cheesy and sappy. DCB sings with heart and joy and you can tell they just love God so much that they can't help but make crazy music all about Him!!

jen + ryan said...

love it...

Lindsey said...

LOVE David Crowder!! Great song!

Lindsey said...

LOVE David Crowder!! Great song!

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

Love it!

Sweet Simplicity said...

It is so true that sometimes we see the blessings from God in others lives, but tend to ignore our own blessings and answered prayers. Great post!

Life at the White House said...

Okay, you and I dear, were meant to be friends!

I've listened to this song on the way to work every day for the past two weeks. I LOVE IT! I think I posted about it a long while back when I first heard it..........have to find it now..........it was on YouTube and was a 'cardboard confession' w/ that song as the background.

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict