The day in numbers

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

You all know how I am.  When I have too much to talk about, I resort to the number system.  So without further ado...

  1. Joey survived his first day of the Academy.  It was not without much yelling, running, hundreds of push-ups, more yelling, a call to the EMS (thankfully not for Joey), a little hazing by the senior academy class (all in fun, though), and of course, more yelling.  Needless to say, he was exhausted.  After a birthday dinner at his grandparents, he spent the rest of his evening shining his boots, icing his knees, and bathing in Epsom salt.  He passed out before the Dallas game was even over.
  2. Speaking of birthday dinner, Joey's grandparents made me a fabulous catfish dinner.




    Catfish, broccoli casserole, homemade macaroni and cheese, homemade gumbo, and sweet tea. YUM!





    Joey's mom, Memaw (Joey's grandma), Pepaw (Joey's grandpa)





    The kids love to help blow out the candles.


  3. My mom took me to lunch yesterday for my birthday and then we went to the mall for a little shopping.  I bought THE cutest sweater at Banana Republic, I'm just wondering if it will ever get cool enough to wear it.  Darn this South Texas weather!!
  4. In case you're wondering, I love Kidd Kraddick in the Morning.  Totally cracks me up.
  5. Although I'm sad for Caroline at PD&PB, my dear Carolina Panthers fan, I'm ecstatic that the Cowboys pulled it together and got not only their first sack of the season ('bout time!), but 3, count 'em THREE take-aways!!!  I'm still not impressed with our tackling abilities.  I mean, my children tackle better than the Cowboys are right now.  Seriously!!!  Wrap 'em up!!!  Either way, though, I can tell you, when you're an NFL quaterback, this is not what you want to be looking at...





    I love me some Ratliff and Ware, baby!!

  6. I have so many new shows on my DVR that I'm dying to see, but just haven't the time to watch them.  I can't wait to see the season premiere of Desperate Housewives.  Love.Them.  And since Joey will be super busy for the next 7 months, I'm planning on DVRing all the shows that I've always wanted to see, but never really had the time since we compromise with shows we both like.  YAY for DVR!!

Well, I guess that's all the randomness for today.  Hope you all have a fabulous week!!

9 comments:

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

Your family is beautiful -- and I think your daughter looks the most like you!

Grand Pooba said...

I'm not sure I could do the catfish and gumbo, but I could definately handle that cake!

Mighty M said...

The cake looks yummy! Hooray for Joey and for the Cowboys! ;-)

blessedmomto7 said...

That Catfish looks DIVINE! Happy Birthday! You look FABULOUS! GO JOEY!

rootsandrings said...

I couldn't focus after #2 because of homemade Mac & Cheese.... yummm

Rachel said...

I wanted to pop on over to your blog since I have been a horrible blogger and say Hello! So glad to hear great things are happening for you guys!

Happy Birthday!!

Glamorous Newlywed said...

Dinner looks delish! I love Kidd K. too :)

Sweet Simplicity said...

Your family is so cute! I love your son's hair, those curls!

Megan said...

I love Desperate Housewives, the new episode was good! Such cute pics of your cute family!

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict