- Joey survived his first day of the Academy. It was not without much yelling, running, hundreds of push-ups, more yelling, a call to the EMS (thankfully not for Joey), a little hazing by the senior academy class (all in fun, though), and of course, more yelling. Needless to say, he was exhausted. After a birthday dinner at his grandparents, he spent the rest of his evening shining his boots, icing his knees, and bathing in Epsom salt. He passed out before the Dallas game was even over.
- Speaking of birthday dinner, Joey's grandparents made me a fabulous catfish dinner.
Catfish, broccoli casserole, homemade macaroni and cheese, homemade gumbo, and sweet tea. YUM!
Joey's mom, Memaw (Joey's grandma), Pepaw (Joey's grandpa)
The kids love to help blow out the candles.
- My mom took me to lunch yesterday for my birthday and then we went to the mall for a little shopping. I bought THE cutest sweater at Banana Republic, I'm just wondering if it will ever get cool enough to wear it. Darn this South Texas weather!!
- In case you're wondering, I love Kidd Kraddick in the Morning. Totally cracks me up.
- Although I'm sad for Caroline at PD&PB, my dear Carolina Panthers fan, I'm ecstatic that the Cowboys pulled it together and got not only their first sack of the season ('bout time!), but 3, count 'em THREE take-aways!!! I'm still not impressed with our tackling abilities. I mean, my children tackle better than the Cowboys are right now. Seriously!!! Wrap 'em up!!! Either way, though, I can tell you, when you're an NFL quaterback, this is not what you want to be looking at...
I love me some Ratliff and Ware, baby!!
- I have so many new shows on my DVR that I'm dying to see, but just haven't the time to watch them. I can't wait to see the season premiere of Desperate Housewives. Love.Them. And since Joey will be super busy for the next 7 months, I'm planning on DVRing all the shows that I've always wanted to see, but never really had the time since we compromise with shows we both like. YAY for DVR!!
Well, I guess that's all the randomness for today. Hope you all have a fabulous week!!