Revelation

Thursday, August 27, 2009

This morning on my way to work, while listening to the radio, I had a revelation.

The kind where I realized that I wasn't exactly the person I wanted to be - or maybe even the person I thought I was.

I know I'm not a bad person, but there are times when it hits me like a freight train that I'm just not the person that I want to be. Times when I think, "When other people look at me, do they see what I want them to see?" And not in a self-righteous way, don't get me wrong. I just don't want to live my life everyday, and then one day realize that I've completely wasted my time on earth.

I believe that we only have one chance.

I believe that when I die, I will answer for the good things (and the not-so-good things) that I've done with my time.

I believe that God expects more from me than simply living.

What am I doing? Am I making a difference? Am I truly loving people? Am I serving anyone other than myself?

These are the questions that flooded my mind this morning...



8 comments:

Lindsey said...

Great post!!! I think these same thoughts often!

Sweet Simplicity said...

Good things to ponder on!

Isabelle said...

Wow and I thought you baking was the revelation!!! It's funny you posted that cause this morning I was in my car thinking how grateful I am to have met you and how you made a huge difference in my life. Thank you :)

Tiffany Crawford said...

LUKEWARM is the word that God has challenged me with...Do we live A LUKEWARM Christian Life, and is there even such thing? Can we be Christian AND be LUKEWARM? When Jesus said deny yourself, leave it all for me...that's not LUKEWARM....that's ALL IN. Can we live one foot in the heavenly realm and one foot in the earthly. Is it ok to be "comfortable" in our lives, or are we to constantly look for ways and opportunities to extend God's grace to people? In order to do that, we have to be around and with people who need grace, right? And what does it mean to completely deny yourself...of everything? Or do we deny only when it's convenient?? Was it convenient for Jesus to keave the glory of his Heavenly World to be in the midst of sinners on Earth?
No Gray,...Just Black or White...Just God or Not God. There's no in between, He gets it all or you might as well give him nothing??

hmmmmm???

Polka Dots & Protein Bars said...

Thank you for this post. I can completely relate. Is my perception of myself the same as others perception of me? And if not, where is the gap?

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

Great post!! We think about this a lot, always a great reminder!

a H.I.T. said...

I know exactly what you mean and thought the same thing about myself yesterday after my mean post. I still feel awful about it. Lessons learned.

In this wonderful life... said...

I think it is good to think about these things! It is God's way of making you think. That's how I feel when I have these thoughts pretty much!

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict