More than you care to know...

Monday, August 31, 2009

I've seen this on so many blogs lately, and I love reading about bloggy friends and their spouses, so I thought I'd follow along.

What are your middle names?
Stephanie Alene (my favorite aunts' name)
Joseph Charles (Joey's grandpas' name)

How long have you been together?
We had our first date in February of 1998... and never looked back. So 11 years and 5 months.


The best 11 and a half years of my life!

How long did you know each other before you started dating?
Hmmm... maybe 6 months? I mean, we went to the same church, and were in the same Bible study, but were dating other people so we didn't necessarily pay attention to each other. Well, he says he paid attention to me, but we're not talking about that...

Who asked whom out?
Oh dear, this could get messy. I guess on our first "technical" date, he asked me out. But they kind of all run together in my mind.

Where was your first date?
We went to see Titantic then somehow ended up downtown at the Riverwalk (bad idea, there was a Spurs game) and got stuck in the parking garage for about an hour in his non-airconditioned truck. Still, I wouldn't trade it for anything.

How old are each of you?
I'm 31 (did I just say that?), he's 30.

Whose siblings do you see the most?
That would be mine, since he doesn't have any. It's a sad, sad world.

Do you have any children together?
Yeah, that didn't take long. We're pretty fertile. Our daughter, Ashton, is 9 and our son, Taylor, just turned 6.


What about pets?
Yep.


Did you go to the same school?
Funny story. We went to the same elementary, middle, and high school, but we never met until after we graduated. This could have to do with the fact that he was just a wee babe when we were in school, but...

Are you from the same home town?
Basically. I was born in Amarillo (lived there for 3 months), then moved the Ft. Worth while my dad went to Seminary. Then we moved to South Carolina for 4 years, then here to San Antonio. I've lived here for 24 years, so I call this home.

Joey was born and raised here and has never been out of his cocoon. I kid, I kid. Not really.

Who is the smartest?
I am, Of course.

Again, I kid.

Actually, I don't. Is it wrong for me to say I'm the smartest? I think Joey would say I'm the smartest. In fact he's said it before. Joey is actually very smart, don't get me wrong, but he does like to make up words that don't exist and keep right on talking. It's quite funny.

Who is more sensitive?
I'm gonna go with Joey on this one, unless someone has hurt my boy child. Otherwise, suck it up. There's no room for whining around these parts.

Seriously, I'm just not very sensitive. It's really something I need to work on.

Where do you eat out most as a couple?
Well it used to be Buffalo Wild Wings, but we've recently made the switch to Wing Stop. We're big wing lovers.

Where is the furthest you two have traveled together as a couple?
Playa del Carmen, Mexico. It's our favorite place to go anytime we have a chance.

Who has the craziest exes?
Um.... Alex, I'll take Joey for $500, please.

Who has the worst temper?
We're pretty even on that one. If we're in an argument, I've got him beat any day. If he's fixing something/putting something together, etc., it's best if I pack up and take the kids to a foreign country.

Seriously. Our passports are current.

Who does the cooking?
Cooking? What's that? Oh, you mean that big metal appliance thingy in the kitchen? The one that gets hot when you turn the knobs and makes the smoke alarms go off? Oh... yeah, that would be Joey.

Who is more social?
ME!!!! Joey likes to be with friends too, but when he's had his fill, he's done. I could, as a general rule, party all night.

Who is the neat-freak?
Our maid. Our house will be very sad to see her go in just a few short weeks. *sob*

Who is more stubborn?
Both of us. And our children. This a real problem.

Who hogs the bed?
Joey. We have a king size bed and I'm lucky if I get half of my own pillow and a quarter of the bed. It's a good thing I'm small.

Who wakes up earlier?
I do.

Who has the bigger family?
I do. Joey is an only child and his mom is an only child. That make for a really small family. (Not to mention a really spoiled husband.)

Do you get flowers often?
I used to when we were dating and first married, but the longer we've been together, the more I realized that they just die. So now I prefer things that last longer and mean more. Don't get me wrong, I still love flowers, like these that he sent to the office on our 10 year anniversary - aren't they gorgeous?

How do you spend the holidays?
House hopping. It's very tiring, but necessary. And we love our family, so we do it happily.

Who is more jealous?
Jealousy is such an ugly word.

How long did it take to get serious?
A week? Maybe less? I don't know... I knew immediately that I was going to marry Joey. We had our first date at the end of February 1998 and got engaged on May 1, 1998. If you want to read Joey's "stalker" version of our dating relationship, click here. It's completely falsified, but humorous, yes. I'll give him that.

Who eats more?
Joey does, but unfortunately it's all healthy. YUK!

Who does the laundry?
As a general rule, I do, but Joey helps on a regular basis. That's why I love him (well, one of the millions of reasons why), he's always helping me with things like this. Let's face it, I'm no Molly Maid. I've been known to wash and never fold. Really, what's the point? It's just going to be worn and get tossed right back in the dirty clothes anyway. It's a vicious cycle.

Who’s better with the computer?
We're both pretty computer savvy, but he's certainly better.

Who drives when you are together?
He does. In fact, this is what he does when he drives, remember?


Hmmm, maybe I should be driving...

Now, do you know more than you ever wanted to?

Yeah, I thought so.



15 comments:

Tara Gibson said...

SO cute! loved reading this!

Lauren said...

Totally cute! I want to do this :)

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

Such a cute post!

Isabelle said...

What an adorable post!

Grand Pooba said...

I think that is so funny that Joey is the sensative one! So opposite in my marraige, plus Joey doesn't really look like the sensitive type Mr. Macho!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

This was so fun to read, and you crack me up!! I can't believe you guys went to the same schools and didn't meet until you graduated!

Mighty M said...

Fun read! Glad you guys like wings so much! ;-)

Megan Garrison Photography said...

Reading this was cute :-) I wouldn't have guessed that Joey was more sensitive though!!

Joey said...

I'm so sensitive that I'm crying right now :P

oh, and don't be compaining about the bed... you lucky to be so close to me :)

Jenni Jiggety said...

This is such a cute meme! I may steal it...

Sweet Simplicity said...

aaaawwwww! How sweet! :)

The Blonde Duck said...

Popped in from Mighty M's to say hi!

Polka Dots & Protein Bars said...

Um, how about moving to Charlotte, so Brett and I can be real life friends with you guys since we're pretty much the same people. Okay, thanks.

jen + ryan said...

yay for the survey!! isn't it funny how men get so worked up when they're fixing/building things?!?!

angie said...

Fun to read all these fun tid bits about you and your honey.

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict