MHR Friday

Friday, August 7, 2009


Yesterday, a neighborhood kid broke our garage door. He didn't do it on purpose, but you know how kids are... he was messing with the door and locked it. Unfortunately we have a garage door opener. And unfortunately our kids don't know anything about a door that is locked manually, so when the door didn't open the first time they pressed the button, they pressed it again. And again. And again. Until it opened.

When I got home from work to get the kids and take the babysitter home and tried to close the garage door as we pulled out of the driveway, bad things happened.

Very bad things.

Like a garage door that began to close at 45 degree angle. Not good.

So last night my dear husband spent the entire evening fixing our garage door. (Actually I'm typing this on Thursday night, and as I type, he's still working, assuming that he will indeed finish.) This was after he did some investigation to determine which neighborhood boy it was that actually locked the door, and then enlisted the assistance of said boys father.

I have to say, although I do love a clean husband, there's something very sexy about a husband who gets his hands dirty.

As long he doesn't touch me before he washes them.



6 comments:

Christina said...

I LOVE how Joey got the boy's father to help! And I feel the same way about dirty-handed husbands LOL!!

Megan said...

How good of you all to get the boys father involved! Now THAT is a lesson to remember!

Glad it's getting fixed!

Joey said...

I'm just relieved more than anything... besides, if you say I'm sexy because of it, then it was all worth it!

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

haha!

And I do love how you get a comment from your significant other!

Yay! It sounds like the garage door is fixed.

Grand Pooba said...

Handymen are the best!

jen + ryan said...

i love this!

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict