Just 5 more minutes!

Thursday, August 6, 2009

In case you're not aware, I am NOT a morning person. I'm also not your typical gouge-your-eyes-out-if-you-speak-to-me-before-noon type of people either, but I would just rather be able to wake up on my own than have an alarm clock wake me up.

Know what I mean?

Because of this, I'm seriously best friends with the snooze button on my alarm clock. And by alarm clock, I mean my cell phone. Because I hate alarm clocks. They're obnoxious.

Now that we have a new puppy, I don't even need my phone to wake me up because every morning between 5:30 and 6:00, Sophie starts whimpering. UGH!


Stephy need sleepy!!

So I get up and let the dogs out, then crawl back in bed.

Then my phone starts vibrating under my pillow. (Yes, I turn it to vibrate so it doesn't wake up Joey, and so it's not obnoxious. I told you I hate alarm clocks.) So I snooze for 5.

Then 5 more. And maybe 5 more.

Some where in there the dogs start jumping on the back door and I consider smothering myself in my pillow, but instead I get up, let them in, coax them back into the bathroom and hope they will they let me sleep for...

Just 5 more minutes!



4 comments:

Adventures in Newlywed said...

I'm usually just 15 more minutes... or 20 :)

Jenster said...

Ha! I'm so bad about the waking up issue, I have my alarm clock set 15 minutes past the real time. I know I can snooze and if I want to sleep in a bit my brain has to calculate the actual time which usually gets me awake enough to get out of bed and into the shower. It's a psychological game I play on myself (sickening).

Joey said...

I have to do something about this problem. really.

Grand Pooba said...

I am so like you with the alarm clock except for one thing, I have to have it set on the radio at full blast or else I won't wake up. Drives my hubster nuts because he usually wakes up to it first and then wakes me up.

Such a sweet puppy, I'd wake up early for that cute face too!

let's get acquainted

My Photo
THE Stephanie
I’m Stephanie - wife to one extremely handsome cop; mother to two extremely silly kids. The hubs and I have been married since February ’99. I love him more each day and simply can’t get enough of him. My daughter, Ashton, is 12 going on 17. She’s beautiful, creative, smart, and oh, so sassy. Taylor, our son, is 8 and is so much like his daddy it’s scary. He makes me laugh all the time with the silly things he says and does. He won’t remember what you told him 5 minutes from now, just like his daddy. I love to laugh and spend time with friends and family. I’ve also recently discovered a love for cooking and enjoy sharing recipes. I love finding new blog friends, so be sure to leave a comment so I can do the same!
View my complete profile

I'm a weather addict